Re: [OPEN] Stuff on Desks under Top Bunk disappear

by faeriemama

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This isn't a very good fix and probably won't work for everyone. But I found if you save your lot to the gallery and start a new world the stuff on the desk under a bunkbed won't disappear anymore. I have also tried (while writing this) that if you save the lot after adding the bunkbed and desk then bulldoze it then finally replace it this also gets rid of the disappearing desk items. However, This does also mean everytime you add a new bunked and desk you will have to go through that process again.

Hope this helps someone else who has also been having trouble with this Standard smile

Message 31 of 57 (1,154 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just wanted to add that this happens even if I just go directly into build mode from the map view and have never gone into live mode in that save file.

Message 32 of 57 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same problem, but it's with every bunk bed.  No matter how the desk is roated. Move objects on or off. 

Message 33 of 57 (1,042 Views)

★ Guide
@BloodyCanoness me too! This also happens with the shelving from Dream Home Decorator. The shoes especially, placed under it, would revert to household inventory. So annoying!
Message 34 of 57 (1,020 Views)

★ Novice
@BloodyCanoness I have the exact same problem. I've only been noticing it with a deskchair though. The desk stays under the bunkbed, but for some reason every time i go into a loading screen (like going into CAS, travel or open the game) the chair is missing. I can luckily always find it in the household inventory, but it's still annoying to having to place it again every time.
Message 35 of 57 (1,011 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this issue with a dresser I put under a bunk bed. The first items i put on there that disappeared were CC clutter, but then i tried again with a bed and dresser from the game (it was the metal frame bed and the dresser from CL) and a base game item on top of the dreser (the Wabbit tablet I had laying around), saved and quit game, reloaded, and poof, it was gone into the inventory.

Message 36 of 57 (969 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BloodyCanoness Yep same issue. Every time my sim leaves the lot and comes back or I go back into my saved game, I have to go into household inventory and put the chairs, computers and lamps back on my kids’ desks under their loft beds. The regular standalone desk is always fine. I also have an issue where I’ll tell a sim to write a book on one PC and she goes to the PC in her son’s room instead
Message 37 of 57 (887 Views)

★★ Novice
Same issue and I tried every single bunk bed always happens no matter how the desk is placed. This bug has been fixed months ago why do they keep bringing back the same bugs over and over again
Message 38 of 57 (847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this still hasn't been fixed?? it's been going on for over a year apparently and it's so annoying :/ 

Message 39 of 57 (661 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not sure if this means anything or is just a fluke, but in my current save, I have 2 loft beds (Item name: Metal Framed Top Bunk) with desks beneath them that are exactly alike, including the same computer, lamp and clutter item (only the chairs were different); one of them was constantly having its contents sent to the household inventory every time I exited the game and one was totally fine.

Initially, I thought the only difference between them was their location in the house (the bedrooms are cattycorner from each other), but then I noticed the ladder positions were opposite one another.

So, I switched out the one that was bugging out and replaced it with one where the ladder was on the left, like the other, and lo and behold:

So, I'm not sure if this is an actual issue with the ladder being on the right instead of the left for this item in general, or if that particular bed was just bugged somehow.

Message 40 of 57 (547 Views)