by wombatilim

Original Post

[OPEN] Stuff on Desks under Top Bunk disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, My First Pet Stugg, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room, Romanti Garden, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place "Metal Framed Top Bunk" bed and any desk underneath, then any addition to the desk, for example a chair, book and stereo. Travel anywhere and back, and anything added to the desk, exept the desk, is gone into the family inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Anything added to the desk disappears into the family inventory.
What do you expect to see? Stuff should still be on desk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Started playing with a teenager for the new update, placed a table under the top bunk, as it's now supposed to work. Desk snaps under Bed, anything else snaps to desk. My sim travels somewhere, we come back and everything attatched to the desk is missing. Found it in the family inventory after a while. That included the chair, stereo and a book.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 57 (14,085 Views)

Re: Stuff on Desks under Top Bunk disappear

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have the exact same problem. I have tested a lot of different things (putting the bed outside with nothing around in case, etc.) and it seems to have this problem only with one particular bed. I'll put the picture of the bed (the brown one) because my game is in french and I don't know what is its name in english. I have added a picture of another bed (the white one) where the problem doesn't occur.

You'll see some CC on the picture but for my tests, I have removed my mods files, I have repair my game in Origins. I still had the problem.

Message 2 of 57 (13,984 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I have the same issue, however, I am using the Mod Pod bunk bed. I have tried putting it in various positions (directly under, in more of an L-shape pattern) as well as various objects and even if I go to manage worlds when I come back everything but the desk is in the family inventory.
Message 3 of 57 (13,930 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I had this issue with the stuff on top of my dresser that was placed under a bunk bed, but only on a lot built before the first July patch. I saved the lot to my library then placed it again, and after that the stuff would stay on the dresser.

Message 4 of 57 (13,915 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@BloodyCanoness I have the same issue, it’s so annoying!! I have no mods, just cc.
Message 5 of 57 (13,847 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have just started having this problem, I've just installed Cottage Living. Also I can't repair or upgrade showers with tubs. Just saying.

Message 6 of 57 (13,816 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Stuff on Desks under Top Bunk disappear

★★★★★ Novice

It does not disappear it moves into your HH Inventory. Its the same bug as why Harvestables move into your HH Inv when loading. Should have been fixed a Month ago.

Message 7 of 57 (13,807 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue except it is removing the entire desk and chair too. Everything goes to family inventory and I have to add it back in every time I come back to the house. Very annoying. 

Message 8 of 57 (13,751 Views)

Household objects go missing upon leaving lot/exiting game

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a bunk+desk combo and then place a laptop and chair at desk. Then travel off the lot or save+exit and enter the game/household again.
What happens when the bug occurs? Chair and laptop are placed within the house inventory, even if I've saved the game with them in their proper places
What do you expect to see? The chair and laptop stays put unless I indicate otherwise
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the patch that launched right before Cottage Living came out.

While I do have mods, this started occurring before I did. I tried removing them and obviously it didn't help. 

Message 9 of 57 (13,686 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I sooo have this annoying issues too😅 i think it makes me want to give up of having loft bed..but too bad it save space especially my sims having small bedroom ..sigh..😪

Message 10 of 57 (13,592 Views)