Re: Stoves and grills catch on fire every time they're used

by umbwxjb5xx62

Original Post

Hero
@Seventopia Probably something they added with the trait overhaul. Not sure if it's by design though if it happens if you cook every time you're in a tense mood, especially since lifestyles give you so many.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 21 (2,036 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm getting frequent fires (not every time, maybe every other time) without tense moods, clumsy traits, or cursed lot traits since the trait overhaul/bunk bed update. I've started only making cold meals (salads) or using the Island Living bbq pit as a work around. It's obnoxious, but far from some of the more game breaking bugs introduced with updates. 

Message 12 of 21 (2,022 Views)

Hero
@Jayrae316 What traits/emotions/cooking level do your Sims have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 21 (2,012 Views)

Constant Kitchen Fires

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack, every game pack except star wars, and about half the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Anytime a sim cooks in this house a fire starts
What happens when the bug occurs? Fire starts every time any person cooks in the house
What do you expect to see? Sim will cook and they should be able to finish cooking a meal not catch on fire
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No matter who cooks on my lot, there will be a fire. Can be on the stove or on a BBQ. Has started since moving to the Old Salt Mill House in the spice district. There is no cursed trait. My main sim has level 10 cooking. Not sure why this is happening or how to fix it. 

Message 14 of 21 (2,054 Views)

Re: Constant Kitchen Fires

Hero
@rswyers Are your sims tense while this happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 21 (2,035 Views)

Hero
@rswyers Is your Sim in a tense mood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 21 (1,987 Views)

★ Apprentice

I realize this thread is from at least last year, but I'm having this issue and it's driving me CRAZY!! Out of nowhere, my Sim's stove started catching on fire - every. single. time.

• he's not tense
  • level 10 cooking (in both homestyle and gourmet)
  • using the London's Choice stove (which I've replaced several times, both with the auto-replace after a fire and manually deleting it and replacing it from the store)
  • I've debugged it
  • I've repaired game files
  • my lot isn't cursed
  • my Sim isn't clumsy

This is absolutely maddening. I've had to Rosebud my character Simoleons to replace the appliances. I don't have anything in my kitchen I haven't had in there a million times before. I just can't figure out what going on.

Message 17 of 21 (1,784 Views)

Hero
@CptnVanderbeam what lot traits do you have ? are you playing a scenario ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 21 (1,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a bunch! My Sims can finally get some food that's not salad, BLT or chips and salsa 😁

Message 19 of 21 (1,495 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Stoves and grills catch on fire every time they're used while tense

★★ Apprentice

This has just started happening to me over the last month or so, unrelated to mood or fears. Sims with level 10 cooking skill, flash fully upgraded ovens, no fear of fire, confident and inspired are catching fire at about a rate of 50/50 when using their ovens or grills. Happening in all households I've played with across current game. It seems that to cook, they have to not be hungry (Sim this just happened to had high moodlets excepting a yellow bar for hunger, Level 10 cooking skill and Level 8 gourmet cooking and using a Schmapple Oven). Both Sim and oven or grill are catching fire. I'm genuinely irritated by this and I'm getting tense every time I send a Sim to cook, which is not a fun way to play. It's not interesting to make everyone prepare salads instead of hot foods, especially during a blizzard! 

Message 20 of 21 (1,198 Views)