Re: how do i get my sims to stop randomly doing pushups?

by asimbsim

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Stopping to exercise

★★★★★ Guide

I noticed that elders are doing this NAP too, which is causing them to become dangerously exhausted.

Message 11 of 61 (5,729 Views)

how do i get my sims to stop randomly doing pushups?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i have them all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim will stop doing whatever i told them to do, do push ups or stretch, then stand around. they don't go back to doing what they were doing.
What do you expect to see? my sims finish a task
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. eco lifestyle

how do i get my sims to stop randomly doing pushups? they don't have the athletic trait, they don't have the bodybuilder aspiration, there's no workout n.a.p., but for some reason my sim will stop whatever they're doing and randomly do pushups. this spells disaster if they're cooking, and it's incredibly annoying when doing homework. homework takes twice as long as it should, and when the pushups (or stretching, it happens with that too) are complete, i have to tell them to finish what they were doing. it's SO annoying! any ideas on how to get it to stop? *note: it's not mod or cc related because i removed all mods/cc from my game and the issue is still there.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 12 of 61 (5,767 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ItsOnlyBecky i guess it has to do something with this https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Sims-autonomously-repeating-same-interaction-cooking-...

there are many issues of interactions like this
Message 13 of 61 (5,755 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i saw that, but my issue isn't just about eating. it's literally ANYTHING i tell them to do.

also, i just noticed that autonomy seems to be enabled, even though it's off in my gameplay options.

Message 14 of 61 (5,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@ItsOnlyBeckyyes read the topic i linked here, there are links to other activitys aswell. cooking is just an example. it has to do with the NAPs

This is about sports for example https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Stopping-to-exercise/td-p/9188233

just look around, you find several topics like this

another one https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Active-Sims-interrupt-current-interaction-to-do-something...

you should read them also and not only the headings

[Admin - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 15 of 61 (5,735 Views)

Hero
@ItsOnlyBecky Merged your post with the push up/exercise thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 61 (5,699 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ItsOnlyBecky click 'me too' and give XP to the main post here if you have this problem. it is a basic issue at the moment with interrupted activities
Message 17 of 61 (5,624 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't have an answer unfortunately, but I do have the same problem :-(

I enacted the Exercise NAP when the game first came out, when my sim was a teenager, removed the NAP and moved him out to a new neighbourhood, but ever since that NAP was enacted I literally can't get my sim to do anything - even though the NAP isn't active any more AND he lives in a new neighbourhood!

Ask him to cook? Nope. He'll get to putting the ingredients on/in the stove and then stop to do push ups and forget he was cooking.

Finally get him to sit down to eat? Nope. He'll have about 2 mouthfuls and then stop eating to get up and stretch.

Go for a swim? Nope. He'll get out of the pool to stretch.

Go to sleep. Nope. He'll get up super early to stretch.

Write a term paper? Nope. He'll stop and do push ups.

Make a drink...nope.

Go bowling...nope.

Basically, there's a theme!! It's just so hard to keep tracking his every movement to get him to complete any task when he keeps cancelling my actions.

It was the one and only NAP I enacted, and I learned to never do another one again! Sooo disappointed in how Eco Lifestyle works. I love the items, but the actual gameplay and the problems it causes is sooo disappointing :-(

Message 18 of 61 (5,585 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@asimbsim yes!!! I hate this bug so much because my sim is a programmer and she can’t even sit still anymore! Like she will be halfway through her job and get up to stretch or do push ups. This bug is so frustrating, sim is always getting interrupted doing anything and everything except for sleep. Sad how this bug has been popping up for so long. How many years has it been? And even the support team don’t know how to fix it properly. This is a just a hot mess.
Message 19 of 61 (5,370 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same thing happens to me, although I don't recall ever enacting the exercise NAP. Also, it only affects one of my Sims in my household of 5. 

Message 20 of 61 (5,276 Views)