[OPEN] Stairs placed against interior wall cause exterior trim to disappear

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Stairs placed against interior wall cause exterior trim to disappear

★ Guide
Stolentoilet, when I use the arrows on the stairs to stretch it to touch the wall the trims disappear. maybe you can elaborate on how you get it to work and possible show some pictures of how it works?
Message 31 of 43 (2,692 Views)

★ Novice

It's 2019 and this still hasn't been fixed. Frown

Message 32 of 43 (2,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It's 2019 and this still hasn't been fixed. Frown

-edit- sorry, the first post didn't show up so I figured something went wrong...

Message 33 of 43 (2,663 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve just been tearing my hair out at this and the stretching method didn’t work. The worst part was that I had 2 sets of interior stairs against exterior walls but the wall trim only disappeared on one. I compared the two and found a fix!

1. Before placing your stairs, use fences and walls to create the “stairwell” e.g 3x1 space for a standard wall height, single staircase.

2. Select the “room” (stairwell) and remove the floor.

3. Place the stairs.

Hope this helps.

Message 34 of 43 (2,563 Views)

★ Guide
I tried this NaughtyAnglGrl and it worked for me.
Message 35 of 43 (2,483 Views)

★ Apprentice

The thing is even worse now, as not only the trim is bugged, but also the frieze. Trim disappears when stairs are next to wall (NaughtyAnglGrls fix workes, though), but the frieze also kind of gets flat--the frieze texture is there, but the frieze itself is not. And the workaround doen't fix this.

Message 36 of 43 (2,288 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] Frieze above staircase has flattened appearance

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Strangerville, Vintage Glamour, City Living, Island Living, Parenthood, Laundry day stuff, Spooky stuff, Get to Work,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Build a Room 2. Build room above it exact same size. 3. Place stairs in bottom room against a wall in the inside. 4. Place Frieze at top of top room. 5. Frieze has flattened appearance above the staircase, perfectly fine on all other walls.
What happens when the bug occurs? Frieze has flattened appearance above a staircase one floor below, perfectly fine on all other walls.
What do you expect to see? Frieze has uniform appearance all along the outside wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If anyone has a work around that does not include plants on the outside to hide the bug that would be great.

Message 37 of 43 (2,279 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Frieze above staircase has flattened appearance

Hero
@Cpttoenail forwarded this for now. Not sure if we already have a thread for this or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 43 (2,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Cpttoenail @crinrict I have tested this as described in my game and can reproduce the issue (see screenshots). The issue occurs whether fencing or walls are on the sides of the room. I am on Mac, and I have no Mods or CC and have never had any in my game. 

The issue also occurs with non-Island Living build items (see screenshot).

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 39 of 43 (2,221 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here -- I'm on PS4, no mods or CC. And it's happening to my foundation trim, too! I covered the gap using 2 sized-down trellises and moveobjects, because I couldn't stand to look at it. It's very noticeable when I place lights during the holidays, however.

Pretty pathetic that this has been an issue since 2016. There are mods to fix it, but if, like myself, you play on console, you're SOL. That's what really angers me about this game -- it's basically unplayable without mods because of these bugs, but they keep pushing out content while ignoring HUGE bugs like toddler beds/high chairs, the "unable to woohoo" routing error that isn't actually a routing problem, the bug where you can't continue a knitting project unless you select "sit" first, THEN "knit" THEN "continue project...", the absolute disaster that is the laundry system and its corresponding bugs, the bug where daycare doesn't actually care and lets your child starve and wet themselves, the list goes on and on. These are GAME-BREAKING bugs for many people, depending on their play style. Without access to mods, you're stuck with a buggy game that you payed hundreds of dollars for (assuming you bought the BG + several EP/GP/SP's). It's pathetic. We'll get a new EP and the MCCC (MC Command Center, the mod of all mods) and Slice of Life people will have updated and patched their mod to work with the new EP in a matter of days.

Meanwhile EA's out here making snippy comebacks that we don't like the Star Wars pack while leaving giant bugs ignored for years. Not a good look for them.

Message 40 of 43 (1,537 Views)