Re: [OPEN] Stairs placed against interior wall cause exterior trim to disappear

by PugLove888

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I also have this issue and it has destroyed the character and design of some of my skyscrapers and other builds.

Message 11 of 43 (2,770 Views)

Champion

Yes, this happens I my game as well.  Also of note is that the wall trim will also disappear if there is a balcony above it.  Not as bad as a problem, but it might irritate some people.  

The only way to make it look better is to place plants like someone stated, or a window so that it looks like the break in the trim was intentional to allow for the window.  However, the problem with that is that not only so you have to use bb.moveobjects on to place a window here, the upper portion of the window is nonfunctional from the inside. Trying to disguise this is also problematic as very few pictures cover the space.  Here are a few pics to show what I mean: 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 43 (2,762 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

Here are some more pics.  You can see the trim is left off the balcony as well.  There is also a pic of a painting trying to cover the lack of upper window. As you can see this isn't the best solution from the inside, even thought it looks pretty good from the outside! 

Message 13 of 43 (2,761 Views)

Champion

oops, sorry I have 2 more pics that didn't' make it on my last post: 

Message 14 of 43 (2,760 Views)

Champion

I'm sorry yet again!  The last pic was the wrong one!  I uploaded a different picture than the one I chose.  Angry  I would just edit them, but it won't let me.  Again, I'm sorry for the multiple posts! Embarrassed

Message 15 of 43 (2,755 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Any fix for this yet?
Message 16 of 43 (2,618 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PugLove888 you should still be able to have exterior trim on that balcony as long as you have placed a flat above the ground floor in the balcony space.  The game requires a level about ground level in order to apply the trim.

Message 17 of 43 (2,535 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bamani71 and @PugLove888 no fix yet, sorry.

Message 18 of 43 (2,534 Views)

Champion

@BryonyRae, thanks for the update, even thought there is still no fix! Angel

Message 19 of 43 (2,482 Views)

★★ Guide
Add my name to the list of players affected by this. It really is annoying when you want a complete look to your builds.
Even holding down SHIFT to try and place the missing part doesn't work as it says there is nothing to change.
It used to be possible to add trim to the interior holes created by stairs to make them look properly finished by using the SHIFT key when placing but that has stopped working as well.
Message 20 of 43 (2,289 Views)