Re: Stairs flickering through foundation

by BryonyRae

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Flickering on walls next to stairs placed one tile from foundation

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but "My First Pet Stuff".
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the Discotheque Pan Europa (Modern District neighborhood) in Windenburg. The glitch is very visible there, especially in the morning.
What happens when the bug occurs? The stairs are flickering through the foundation.
What do you expect to see? No flickering, just solid foundation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I believe this issue started to occur after one of the latest patches. Tagging @BryonyRae. (I hope I don't annoy you with the constant mentioning… Sorry!)

Message 1 of 2 (729 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Stairs flickering through foundation

Hero (Retired)

@puderosasims I can confirm the flickering in my game, and the cause is that the stairs are placed on tile out from the connecting foundation, which creates a flickering effect on the walls of that tile that separates them from the block on foundation.  The workaround for this is to place the stairs fully onto the block of foundation rather than one tile out.  I think this issue is a result of changes in the terrain tools patch, and the Discotheque Pan Europa lot was designed prior to that patch and thus suffers from the issue.  Until there is a fix, I would just alter the stairs on that lot.  Will add to our list.

Message 2 of 2 (671 Views)