[OPEN] Spraying for bugs loops infinitely

by Pikminfan33

Original Post

Re: Spraying Plants Doesn't Finish

★★ Novice
@crinrict whoops; I added a whole comment instead of a quick-reply... Is the link above typed in correctly, because it goes to a "page not found" error, and I'm having this problem on my community lots, but can't find any info or answers or any threads other than this one (and one other that's not on this site ea.com, but still only has a few people questioning what to do)?
Message 11 of 15 (829 Views)

Hero
@katyxbunny The link had indeed a space too much which made it fail but everything has been merged into this one thread anyways. All the info is in here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 15 (808 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict ...wow, so this is all the info on this bug so far? The gardening aspect is so crucial to my game that I would start a whole new save and cheat my current legacy family's relationships back together (which would be a lot of work, and still a terrible loss of other information), because one of my big projects is a perfect plants park I've put over 20 hours into and I had plans for a community greenhouse.. .... My game is very heavy into gardening!! For me the issue was clearly on the park lot, but I first noticed it happening on a perfect greenhouse I'd downloaded from the gallery, which wasn't a park, but I forget what kind of lot it actually was...

Anyway, I did some testing last night only to get bad news... First I tried inserting my park into a new game, and I cheated a plant to being infested, hit "tend garden" - and just like with everyone else, she sprays for one cycle, then the cycle glitches; it continues to show her spraying for bugs but the progress bar and animation only barely begin to move before they reset in an endless cycle... It's even very difficult to get them to stop (I've tried several Sims), as I have to furiously click the X mark over the task upwards of 60 seconds before she'll actually stop. Then I started another new game where I bought a daisy with my phone, went to the oasis springs park and planted it.. I cheated it to age up and infest, and had the same result... That time I didn't insert anything from outside - even the test sim was new! I have every expansion pack... I've repaired my game - I'm at a loss... Does this happen to all mac/pc users on all community lots? Is it a glitch in the game that happens to everyone or is there somehow just something wrong with mine now? I don't have any mods, but it did seem to happen after I downloaded that infested lot from the gallery... I just don't understand why new saves are messed up too - I'm good with computers and willing to do some more testing if you have any ideas, but I can't bring myself to delete the saves I already have for testing purposes - although I wonder if that would fix it... Is there a way to move my saves to another folder and then put them back without consequences b/c I could at least try that.... I also still wonder if this happens to everyone and they just don't plant in parks and communal areas enough to notice or complain?

I really want to troubleshoot this, and find an answer even if it's a new save -- but no use if it's just a glitch in the game for everyone that has no answer b/c EA needs to patch it! Thanks for all your help... Katy
Message 13 of 15 (781 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Spraying for bugs loops infinitely

[ Edited ]

I have experienced this with my plants. The way to tell if the plant is infected with the bug is to go into build mode and click on the plant. If when you click the plant it looks like there's 2 plants in the single planter, the bug will occur. If you try to plant a new plant with the harvest from an infected plant the bug will still be there.

I have never had mods or CC in my game. I'm on the PC.

Message 14 of 15 (663 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Spraying for bugs loops infinitely

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My Sim is weeding on loop, using the object that sucks the weeds- however theyre only level 3 Gardening. See attached picture.

DISCLAIMER: No special lot traits, no special gardening traits, no mods/cc, no cheats.

Message 15 of 15 (603 Views)