[OPEN] Spray Monster Under Bed Not Working Correctly

by dolldrms1

Original Post

[OPEN] Spray Monster Under Bed Not Working Correctly

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
Issue

Parents no longer spray monster under bed when child asks.  Parents will spray the monster if directed to do so.  Additionally, after the monster is sprayed and gone, the child doesn't have the sleep interaction available on the bed.  I must tell them to nap, can immediately wake them as sleep interaction then appears and then tell child to sleep.  This part holds true even if the child makes friends with the monster and asks it to leave.  The child has to be told to nap, awakened, then sleep is possible.  I don't have the Coolala lights to prevent monsters placed in the game.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Tried with two different families in the same save.  Parent will be awakened by child and ask for the monster to be sprayed but no action queues up for parent.  I've had a child ask several times but no success.  I must direct the parent to spray.

Picture

Didn't take one

Where does the bug occur ?

Haven't started a new save but others have.  There is a post in the bug thread on the forum

Mods/CC

Vanilla game always.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All content released to date.

Occurring since

I am not sure.  It worked correctly when monsters were first introduced so would have to be one of the July 2016 patches.

Operating System

Win 10 64 bit Home, fully updated
Message 1 of 26 (6,452 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Spray Monster Under Bed Not Working Correctly

★★★ Novice

I also have this problem. Parents must be directed by me to spray each bed, they ignore their children's pleas. Who is the real monster here the parents?

It matters not if I have mods in or not, repaired, reset, new save ~sigh~ no joy.

I do have the nightlight and it does work but only if placed at the lowest point on the wall next to the head of the bed. It seems as if light must shine under the bed to keep the monster away, or that's my reasoning.

Windows 10 64 bit but run game @ 32 bit as I like it better

Base game only with all updates

Message 2 of 26 (6,346 Views)

Re: Spray Monster Under Bed Not Working Correctly

Hero

Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 26 (6,304 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Spray Monster Under Bed Not Working Correctly

★★★★ Pro

I have the same issue, but in my game additionally I can't direct the parents to spray the monster. The option doesn't show up.

Message 4 of 26 (6,204 Views)

Hero

I'll test that tomorrow to see if I can duplciate

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 26 (6,189 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Spray Monster Under Bed Not Working Correctly

★★ Novice

For me too! The night light doesn't work!

Message 6 of 26 (6,179 Views)

Hero

@alanmichael1 wrote:

I have the same issue, but in my game additionally I can't direct the parents to spray the monster. The option doesn't show up.

That's working for me without issues.

Did you try selling the bed ? Moving out and back in ? Usual troubleshooting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 26 (6,161 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has been happening for me since the latest patch from what I can tell - though I don't play often I'm not sure if its always just been this way. In addition the monster never left on the "Anti Goblin Bed for Kids". No option to spray, the child recognized it was there and kept getting scared and thought I tried to interact "talk to monster" it didn't do anything - the monster never left and didn't want to befriend the sim child". I had to delete the bed and buy a new one. It was not stuck - unable to be sold or anything which is a good thing at least. The monster was visible until around noon sim time... when I finally decided it was wonky and to just delete the object altogether. 

Message 8 of 26 (6,096 Views)

★★ Guide

I rarely play with kids so I don't know exactly when this  started to happen in my game.  When the kid panics and runs to wake someone up, the other sim does wake and that's it. they do not react to the child at all or spray the bed (unless I tell them too). So far I have mended it with either befriending the monster, buying the lamp or giving the child a double bed

Message 9 of 26 (5,943 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue also. My save has several toddlers aging up to child and they are continually waking up from monsters under the bed scares. They run to ask the parents to spray and the parent wakes up and then goes right back to sleep. If I tick on the bed for the parent to spray the monster, if the task doesn't drop, they go and spray but the child is still scared. I've tried making the sure the child is beside the bed as the parent sprays but it still doesn't help.  

I did put the light in the room beside each bed and it doesn't seem to prevent the monsters. 

I've repaired the game.

No third party cc. 

Message 10 of 26 (5,867 Views)