Re: Can't remove upload from Spark'd gallery.

by cowntessa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Spark'd Upload: Unable to remove a household from the Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires Realm of Magic Get to Work Get Together City Living Cats and Dogs Seasons Get Famous Island Living Discover Univerity
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The household which can't be removed: https://t.co/qqeNk3QpR6?amp=1
What happens when the bug occurs? It doesn't show the "Remove Household from Gallery" button.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the button which will delete the household from the Gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The household I want to remove from my profile doesn't have the remove button:

KIfIp4UA.jpg

All other households do have that button, as you can see:

nn-yKs8Y.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 4 of 34 (4,461 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Spark'd Upload: Unable to remove a household from the Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

People, upon years of searching, messaging Gurus, chatting with customer support, I have finally found a way by myself to remove this Spark'd plague from my gallery.

1. Go to https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery

2. Log in with your gallery account.

3. Search for your account by clicking on the "Browse" tab, selecting EA ID in the menu, and typing your EA ID.

4. Find the content in your gallery you want to be removed.

5. Press the flag icon, choose the "Harassment" category, and type anything.

After that, your item will be finally removed. 

For those who still have them when they login into their game, just remove them from favorites/delete them the regular way. 

You are welcome! 

View in thread

Message 19 of 34 (4,401 Views)

All Replies

Can't remove upload from Spark'd gallery.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My game will not allow me to remove a sim I uploaded to a Spark'd Challenge. There isn't even a button to remove the submission - the only buttons visible to click are download and "like". Its really bugging me. Saving the sim to my library and viewing it there rather than in the gallery doesn't change anything either.

I have repaired/updated/reinstalled the game as well as Origin. Before this, I deleted and regenerated the Sims 4 folder. None of this worked. I don't use CC at the moment and I don't need the game's legacy edition, so please don't recommend it. I've also cleared all cache, etc.

I don't know what else to do? I've had this problem since Spark'd was a thing.

Message 1 of 34 (4,496 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
@calibstaggz having literally the same issue, and it's been for a while. EA help is no help for me lol

YO EA CAN YOU FIX YR STUFF
Message 2 of 34 (4,414 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue and it's triggering my OCD.

Can someone please fix this?

Message 3 of 34 (4,368 Views)

Re: Unable to remove a household from the Gallery

Hero
@milutinmujovic Can you remove it if you check the gallery tab instead and search for your name there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 34 (4,437 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I have tried that as well, but to no avail, as you can see:

dss.PNG

Message 6 of 34 (4,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@milutinmujovicI don't know if this will help, but I had one house one time that I wanted to delete (stairs) which was very stubborn.

I wound up having to go to my library and deleting there, then deleting from gallery.

If you don't want to delete the household entirely, you could probably save them to your library first as a "new save" before deleting the older problematic one.

Message 7 of 34 (4,422 Views)

Hero
@milutinmujovic Ah, that's one you uploaded for spark'd ? Think I saw another thread for these. They removed the spark'd tab and now it seems you can't delete them.

Is that the only one you have issues with or can you also not delete the non-sparked one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 34 (4,407 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That's correct. This is the only household I uploaded for that challenge. All others can be deleted.

I really need to remove this household, can someone suggest a way to do so?

Message 9 of 34 (4,372 Views)

★★ Pro
@milutinmujovic From what @crinrict said, it sounds like you can't. So frustrating.
Message 10 of 34 (4,355 Views)