Re: Opaque Windows

by Succella

Original Post

[OPEN] Some windows are grey and opaque on MAC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm running Sims 4 on Mac and I'm having some graphical issues. All muntined windows are grey and opaque from both the interior and the exterior. Doors with windows incorporated into them and windows with no muntins i.e. only a single pane of glass work normally and are transparent. Also, sometimes when I switch my graphic settings around a few windows will turn jet black and the only remedy is to sell them and buy new ones; this extends to my neighbours' houses as well.

Message 2 of 25 (19,158 Views)

Re: [Smaller Bugs] Post here if you don't want to open your own thread

★★ Novice

i have a problem in my game that i notice that i change EVERY graphic setting in the game but the windows are glitched so i cant see through big windows but i can see through small window can this problem be fixed ( im playing on a mac)

Message 1 of 25 (18,981 Views)

Re: Some windows are grey and opaque on MAC

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you post your Mac's specs

To find the info about your Mac click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop then select About This Mac

@madlittleone 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 25 (18,977 Views)

Opaque Windows

★ Novice

Since I installed the sims 4 on my mac almost all the windows have a non transparent texture on the glass, it's not that there's no "holes" for the windows (I enlarged them and there's still a hole in the wall" It's just that the glass is not see through.

Message 4 of 25 (18,941 Views)

@Andichrome and @madlittleone -

1. What Macs do you have? Do they have Intel graphics cards? Click on the Apple icon, top left corner of your desktop then About This Mac for info.
  2. What operating system are you running - Yosemite 10.10.2?
  3. Do you have Laptop Mode enabled in the graphics options in game (you might need to scroll down the window to see it)? If so, do you still get the greyed out windows if you untick Laptop Mode?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 25 (18,951 Views)

Re: Opaque Windows

★ Novice
I've solved the problem. I upgraded to Yosemite and now my windows are transparent
Message 6 of 25 (18,929 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm running Sims 4 on the late 2013 13" MBP so my graphics card is the Intel Iris 5100; I'm also running this on Yosemite 10.10.2 (latest version). Turning off laptop mode seems to solve all issues but results in a sizeable performance drop. 

Here are some pics:

http://imgur.com/qN17AOR,foiYgu2,UYm16aA,49bjRPO,qGHGjnB#0

Message 7 of 25 (18,923 Views)

Windows are not transparent?

★★★ Newbie

I can't see through the windows while playing the Sims 4 for Mac? It's just totally black...I've tried changing my settings and everything but nothing works. Anyone have any ideas? Something that is weird is that I can see through doors that have windows...but not windows alone. I don't know.

Message 8 of 25 (18,897 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 25 (18,900 Views)

Re: Windows are not transparent?

Hero

@lnmattson Merged with existing bug report.

Please post your Macs specs and try turning off laptop mode.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 25 (18,893 Views)