[FIXED] Some reward traits wrongfully say: Not available for robots

by hellaradveg

Original Post

Satifaction perks are not purchasable and says its "Not Available For Robots!?"

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except... 1. Realm Of Magic 2. StrangerVillie 3. Parenthood (Getting this add on in future) 4. Vampires 5. Tiny Living Stuff Pack (Getting this add on in future) 6. Moschino Stuff (Getting this add on in future) 7. My First Pet Stuff (Getting this add on in future) 8. Toddler Stuff (Getting this add on in future) 9. Vintage Glamour Stuff (Getting this add on in future) 10. Kids Room Stuff (Getting this add on in future) 11. Romantic Garden Stuff (Getting this add on in future) 12. Spooky Stuff 13. Luxury Party Stuff (Getting this add on in future)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's always there and has happened since the new expansion "Discover University" The new skill that's got to do with robotics seems to have affected many of the satisfaction perks for every sim that you create even if you don't own Discover University. It'll happen to everyone.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you try purchasing a perk but you can't and it says "Not Available For Robots??" Pretty weird right, my sims apparently a robot now?? LOL Please get this fixed as soon as you can!
What do you expect to see? Stuff that affects the sim such as the hunger perk, hygiene perk, gym rat perk etc you cannot even purchase because of the bug that occurs in the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Bug in The Sims 4 where sims satisfaction perks won't work because its not available for robots. This bug is affecting lots or even all Sims 4 players, please get it patched as soon as you can! Thanks!

Message 41 of 76 (2,235 Views)

Re: Satifaction perks are not purchasable and says its "Not Available For R

Hero
@DC0017 I merged your post with existing thread on this.

Please click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 76 (2,219 Views)

Perks grayed out for Children in Reward Store, message Not Available for Robots

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 10.5.61.37414 - 758310
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EA Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs up to Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From a Child character, select Aspirations icon then Rewards Store and try to select Heat or Cold Acclimation
What happens when the bug occurs? In Rewards Store for a child, When trying to select options to protect against heat and cold they are grayed out and message states Not Available for Robots....last I checked a human sim child is not a robot.
What do you expect to see? I expect button to be lit up and available (not grayed out) when points are available and to be able to use reward points to purchase the perk
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appears that Issue appeared after Tiny Living installation. It is effecting all children in any resident type home of game even if reward was previously purchased prior to Tiny Living Install now getting the message about not available for robots./

Attached screenshot of issue. Same issue for gym rat perk, it is also greyed out and message says Not Available for Robots on children sims

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 43 of 76 (2,222 Views)

Re: Perks grayed out for Children in Reward Store, message Not Available for Rob

Hero
@TwinGoddessLA Merged your post with existing thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 76 (2,167 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Some reward traits wrongfully say: Not available for robots

★ Guide

I don't even have the University expansion pack and the issue happens for me too.

But it is not the same bug for every sim.

It happens for the Fertile, the Hardly Hungry / Forever Full, Antiseptic / Forever Fresh and the  Steel Bladder trait, but at some sims, the Steel Bladder trait is not available for this sim and for another sim, the Antiseptic / Forever Fresh trait is not available.

Message 45 of 76 (2,123 Views)

★ Novice

I too have this issue (I clicked the "me too" button).  I run on PC, no mods, no cc.  I am so frustrated right now at this as all my teens in my legacy family are stuck.  And I am trying to max skill them all as I go and this is really throwing that off.  Now I have to wonder if they go have kids will the glitch remain.  If I just kick them out and have new kids, will they be robots too?  Honestly I am so frustrated I cant even play anymore!  I went back to sims 3 until this is fixed.  I was going to buy some new packs too for the anniversary but I guess not.  Not sinking money into a game that has had this going for so long.  Can't believe University broke my game apparently...

Message 46 of 76 (2,074 Views)

Re: my sim is randomly a robot

★ Apprentice

As many in this thread I had this problem and I tried the repair thing advice said on the first page and nothing. Then I tried the cas.fulleditmode and proceeded to edit my character. I looked into the pregnancy options where it says if they can get pregnant or impregnate others or neither...neither was selected when I had selected can get pregnant at the start? This was the problem for me, maybe it will help others. 

Message 47 of 76 (2,026 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Platform: PC
Language: English
Version: 1.61.15.1020
Expansions installed: Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Movie Hangout Stuff and Holiday Celebration Pack
Custom Content: SimulationLagFix and MCCC.

Mentioned a problem like this in a Sims discord and was asked to leave a 'me too.' I'll also leave a bit more info here.

Upon further inspection of several of my sims, a few of which have all the traits that satisfaction points can buy, I saw that this tooltip issue seems to consistently affect the following traits:

Gym Rat
Steel Bladder
Antiseptic
Fertile
Hardly Hungry
Seldom Sleepy
Forever Fresh
Forever Full
Never Weary

The 'not available for robots' shows up on Sims that already have these traits (but have enough points to buy them if they didn't already have the trait). For example, one of my Sims has Never Weary but does not currently have 10,000 points. For them, it simply says 'insufficient points.' But on another sim who has Never Weary and DOES have 10,000 points, it gives the 'not available for robots' tooltip.

Unknown whether this happened before or after a specific patch, because I only first noticed it in a house that I hadn't played directly in several months. I do know that I got Get Famous, Realm of Magic and Movie Night Stuff in the time since I last played that particular household, though.

This bug does not appear to be preventing the buying of traits, in my case. Looks like a few other folks on here have an issue where they don't have the trait but also can't buy it, which is definitely bad.

Message 48 of 76 (2,006 Views)

Re: my sim is randomly a robot

★ Guide
@PugLove888 As of 02/03/2020 this bug is still active, and your links no longer work.

It thinks my child sim is a robot on some of the greyed out traits.
Message 49 of 76 (1,914 Views)

★ Novice

I joined the forums because of this exact reason. 

Message 50 of 76 (1,848 Views)