Re: [OPEN] Some reward traits wrongfully say: Not available for robots

by stephjovi740

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Some reward traits wrongfully say: Not available for robots

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. I do not have university. Traits that are unavailable for that are or are already redeemed says  they are not available for robots Instead of the correct tooltip.

Message 31 of 76 (2,552 Views)

★ Novice

Same. Removed mod folder, repaired game, same problem... “not available for robots”

Message 32 of 76 (2,500 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same my Sim already had the steel bladder since she was a child. She's a University graduate now. All of the sudden the trait is not available bc she's a robot. She's not. And I finally had enough points for never weary now it's also not available. The game is so buggy now.  I Caught every issue the last update caused. Sims is not a new game. So many bugs should not occur 

Message 33 of 76 (2,458 Views)

Game thinks my sim is a robot but she is not

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but realm of magic, cool kitchen stiff and mochismo
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to purchase the fertile reward trait or try for baby with another sim
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to purchase the fertile reward trait it says I cannot because my sim is a robot, which she is not. There is no option for try for baby when it comes to this sim. I tried both with her as the active sim and others, but there is no option to try for baby with this particular sim.
What do you expect to see? The ability to purchase the fertile trait for this sim who is NOT a robot. And the ability to try for a baby.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I purchased University when it first came out and this is the first time I have tried for a baby since then. This issue did not happen before

vvv ddd sss 

Message 34 of 76 (2,399 Views)

Re: Game thinks my sim is a robot but she is not

Hero
@farrelcl Are you sure that Sim is not a teen ?

The wrongful message on the rewards is a known issue and I merged your thread with the existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 76 (2,389 Views)

Cant buy Reward traids: says sim is a robot

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except garden, toddler, fitness, kitchen, and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Since the new patch on january 16, 2020 when i go to the rewards store it wont let me purchase certain items because it says my sim is a robot... which they are not.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the rewards store it says my sim is a robot which they are not and wont let me purchase certain items.
What do you expect to see? all the rewards in the rewards store available for purchase.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the issue occurred after the patch on january 16 2020

Please fix the patch because I can not play until this is resolved. I

Message 36 of 76 (2,380 Views)

Re: Cant buy Reward traids: says sim is a robot

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Summerxena Merged your post with existing thread on this.

It mostly seems to occur on items your Sim can't buy (already bought, wrong age group for the trait).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 76 (2,359 Views)

Re: Cant buy Reward traids: says sim is a robot

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The crazy thing is, that even this bug is not constantly the same:

I have a spellcaster in my household, for her, the game says that for the Fertile trait.

For my vampire, this happens for the Hardly Hungry and Forever Full trait.

For my aliens, it occurs at the Independent and Needs No One traits.

And for my normal sims, who are teens, the game says at Steel Bladder "Not available for robots".

And I don't even have the "Discover University" expansion pack, where servos are included.

Message 38 of 76 (2,342 Views)

Fertile Reward Not Available

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? EP01:1.assets.ml-ep01.329
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I go to rewards store to buy the fertile reward and it says not available for robots. My sim is human.
What do you expect to see? It should be available to purchase
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I bought University pack

My sim isn’t an alien, robot, vampire, or witch. She’s a young adult. I’m not sure why I’m not able to buy the fertile reward. 

Message 39 of 76 (2,324 Views)

Re: Fertile Reward Not Available

Hero
@dmarsh0612 Merging this with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 76 (2,281 Views)