[FIXED] Some lots shown incorrectly in world view

by AlHollandiyah

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Some lots shown incorrectly in world view

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It really sucks that this has been going on for more than a year but instead of fixing it EA just pumps out content and game packs. I made a park and conservatory on the large Magnolia Blossom park lot and now I hate seeing it on the worlds map. It's sitting cockeyed off the edge of the lot and because I used terrain textures the ground looks like a mud pie and accentuates the fact that AE can't get their game functioning properly. It's ugly and I personally shy away from building anything on those lots anymore since it will just look like crap on the worlds map. So I'm here to add my number to the list, but I don't hold out any hope of AE stepping up to fix it. 

Message 41 of 85 (2,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Spazi has a mod that fixes most of the lot rotation issues. If you are not against using mods here is a link google: Fixed Lot Rotations in Map View

EDIT (crin): Removed mod link. Please only name mods here at AHQ as linking them is against the TOS.

Message 42 of 85 (2,866 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't mind modding the Sims 4. Thank you very much for this information.

Message 43 of 85 (2,860 Views)

Willow Creek and Oasis Spings Big Park Lots do not appear properly on map view

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them untill this date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you just look at those 2 lots on map view, Oasis Springs Park, and Willow Creek park, (Desert Bloom and Magnolia Blossom) You can see the whole contents of the lot is shifted out of the boundaries of the actual lot. It's not affecting the gameplay, but looks bad. Just a visual annoyance. Please refer to the image in my actual post.
What happens when the bug occurs? Actually, nothing. As I said, it's just a visual error which I think can be fixed very easily. Those 2 lots just do not look properly on the map view.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see those 2 parks look how they should on the map.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For showing the problem clearly, I bulldozed those lots and I placed 3 squares of  floor tiles right at the 4 edges of both lots, and when I go to map view you can see clearly the lots are shifted, they are off from the boundaries of the actual lot on the map.

both.jpg

Message 44 of 85 (2,842 Views)

Re: Willow Creek and Oasis Spings Big Park Lots do not appear properly on map vi

Hero

Hi @Veronica55 

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 85 (2,829 Views)

Re: Lots not sitting properly on their slots in Map View

★ Novice

So, yeah. This is still a problem.

Message 46 of 85 (2,650 Views)

Re: Lots not sitting properly on their slots in Map View

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hi, everyone, I just want to point out that you guys are missing something you can't see both in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, the parks are lined up to a road behind the first row of houses buildings so they are in the correct position.  When you visit the park you spawn on that side of the park in both places.

Edit:

In Willow Creek if you look towards the left corner of the screen behind the town building if using default map you can see a lightly colored road running behind the downtown area, that is the front of the park not the road that is visible on the side.  When you spawn at the park the Restrooms are towards the back right hand corner just like in the picture on the map.

This is the same for Oasis Springs  When you spawn the restrooms are on the left part of the screen just like the picture shows on map.

Message 47 of 85 (2,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone. Looks like this is still a problem. This happens to me at the Landgraab house and the one right across the street (yuma heights) whenever i play or edit the home it changes direction in the world map and whatever i do it wont face back to the right direction. I hope EA can fix it, it seems simple to fix.

Message 48 of 85 (2,541 Views)

Tree in Willow Creek Not Showing Correctly

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Willow Creek's map and look for a tree in Magnolia Blossom Park. It's about in the middle of the map.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of the trees on the map is not showing correctly.
What do you expect to see? That the tree is showing correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is just a small thing, but still.

Anyone else having problems with this tree on Willow Creek's map? It's been like this for several months now. And yes, I've repaired and updated my game.

HalfTree.png

Message 49 of 85 (2,504 Views)

Re: Tree in Willow Creek Not Showing Correctly

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Seems like you rebuild the park as mine looks different. What happens if you move the tree a bit and back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 85 (2,493 Views)