by RaniaKpop

Original Post

[OPEN] Some households images are smaller than others

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.99.264.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Werewolves, Strangerville, Vampires, Paranormal, Spooky and Grim's Gloulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having households with five sims or more.
What happens when the bug occurs? Household images with five sims or more are significantly smaller than households with four sims or less.
What do you expect to see? This problem resolved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent update.

Get this, after the recent update I noticed that households with five sims or more in my inventory are smaller than households with four sims or less. I wish I could show what I'm talking about but no matter what I do I can't get the file of this image in here, so anyone who sees this just has to believe me.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 32 (2,991 Views)

Re: Some households images are smaller than others.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RaniaKpop That's normal cause of the space available. Depending on your resolutions the portraits get smaller if you have more Sims to fit them properly on the screen.

Your screenshot is probably too big and you just need to make it smaller to upload.

NVM, thought you were talking about the portraits.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 32 (2,976 Views)

Moving Sims Between Households Makes Thumbnail Tiny With 5+ Sims Households

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.99.264.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs. Kits: Carnaval Streetwear, Moonlight Chic, Desert Luxe.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move sims between households, make sure to at least make one household with 5 or more sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? The household thumbnail turns tiny.
What do you expect to see? The household thumbnail being the size as before the patch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.99.264.1030 (18th of July 2023 patch)

This only happens when moving sims between households. Untouched households keep their correctly sized thumbnail.

What it looks like after moving sims between households to create a household that is 5+ sims:

Tiny Households After Patch.png

Comparison with an untouched household with 5+ sims:

Tiny Households Before Patch.png

Message 3 of 32 (2,958 Views)

Re: Moving Sims Between Households Makes Thumbnail Tiny With 5+ Sims Households

★★★ Apprentice

That's not exactly what I'm getting at, what's happening with me is that whenever I edit the household (say change an outfit or the appearance of one or all the sims) not adding more to the household, the images gets smaller. Again I wish I could put an image in this reply but I'm being told that the file is too big to be put in despite my efforts to make the file small enough to fit.

Message 4 of 32 (2,913 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I finally managed to get an image of what I'm talking about in hereIMG_20230719_073148613.jpg

Message 5 of 32 (2,903 Views)

Hero
This might actually be by design cause once horses are added to the household, there might be an issue with larger families.

Is this pre-patch game or did you start a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (2,889 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I started this file 2 months ago.

Message 7 of 32 (2,884 Views)

Hero
@RaniaKpop OK. just asking cause mine are smaller without editing anything but I started a new save. So maybe yours only starts reverting to the new look once you edit them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 32 (2,875 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That's doesn't exactly account for the households with four sims or less, they seem fine.

Message 9 of 32 (2,868 Views)

Hero
@RaniaKpop Yes, I'm just theorizing here but the more Sims and horses and whatever you have the more crowded it gets so maybe they just generally made the household picture smaller for larger households so horses can fit in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 32 (2,852 Views)