by BryonyRae

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Some Roof Trims do not align between New and Old Roof Types

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a rectangular room. On one end, place one of the new roof types (in my case, I chose octagonal). Resize it or the structure to correctly cover the end of the room. Copy the roof and place the copy at the other end of the structure. Draw a gable roof between and connected to the other two roofs (at the same height). Apply the same roof trim to each roof and note the misalignment. Affected Roof trims: Angled*, Beveled, Square, Stepped*, Chamfer*, Beveled Out. Note that * roof trims are aligned at the top, but the new roof types appear to be missing part of the bottom piece of the trim, which makes them not fit properly to the original roof types.
What happens when the bug occurs? Roof trim appears to be disjointed.
What do you expect to see? Roof trim should seamlessly connect at the same level across roofs joined at the same level.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New in the 11/7/17 patch.

Here are a couple images of the problem trims:

11-08-17_11-46-53 AM.png

11-08-17_11-47-11 AM.png

Message 1 of 2 (1,031 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Some Roof Trims do not align between New and Old Roof Types

★★ Guide

This has actually been an issue in the game since the very beginning for me. Roof trims have never matched between gabled and non-gabled roof types even before all of these new roof shapes were added.

Message 2 of 2 (876 Views)