by plantsimlady

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Socks don't show with skinny jeans

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use object on Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Glitch
What do you expect to see? Glitch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-CAS-Issues/m-p/6408160#M49852

When using City Living skinny jeans socks don't show

1.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 1 of 14 (3,791 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Socks don't show with skinny jeans

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard that this is by design.  Socks conflict with skin tight pants, as LeahHowler theorized above.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 9 of 14 (2,999 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] [CAS] [CL] Socks don't show with City Living skinny jeans

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (3,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This also happens with Backyard Stuff Skinny Jeans & The Leather Pants From GF.

Message 3 of 14 (3,661 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Screenshot (78).png

backyard stuff 

Screenshot (79).png

Get Famous 

Message 4 of 14 (3,630 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrictPhantomlover1717 I've had this issue ever since I installed City Living. That was over a year ago, just to give you an idea of how long this has been an issue for.
Message 5 of 14 (3,369 Views)

★★★ Novice

I actually experience this with all of the pants in the "Skin Tight" category. I'm assuming that the layer for socks and skin tight pants is conflicting and the pants are winning.

Message 6 of 14 (3,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This happens for the skinny jeans of realm of magic as well: Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 2.22.38 PM.png

Message 7 of 14 (3,225 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrictPhantomlover1717 I have this problem both with the basegame and the backyard stuff skinny jeans. I have had this problem for over a year.
Message 8 of 14 (3,154 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard that this is by design.  Socks conflict with skin tight pants, as LeahHowler theorized above.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 14 (3,000 Views)

CAS: Invisible socks

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: All except Eco GPs: All except Batuu, Dream Decorator and Wedding Stories SPs: All Kits: None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going into CAS and equipping a female sim with either the slim pants/jeans from Backyard Stuff, the slim pants with two rows of buttons from Realm of Magic or the slim base game pants where the first swatch has a black base with a flowery print on them AND then adding either socks, stockings or pantyhose.
What happens when the bug occurs? When putting either of the three aforementioned pants on a sim in CAS and then adding socks, stockings or pantyhose, the socks, stockings or pantyhose do not show. They also remain invisible when going into Live Mode if wearing one of these three pairs of pants.
What do you expect to see? I expect the socks, stockings or pantyhose to be visible in CAS and in Live Mode as well.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

NB! I’ve tried removing my CC (I do not have any mods) and deleting the local thumb cache, but even so the problem persisted.

Edit By Crinrict: No changes, just fixing template

Message 10 of 14 (1,796 Views)