by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Social Media doesn't give the followers it says it does

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most current one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack Along with laundry, patio, jungle, vampires, and the camping one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Engage in social media, but not be in that career path.
What happens when the bug occurs? It says that my sim has gained a massive amount of followers, but they haven’t. The followers never accumulate.
What do you expect to see? My sim get the followers they deserve.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No files to report

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (4,610 Views)

Re: Social followers bug!

★★★★ Guide

Screenshot (107).png

First of All Idk what "Advertise" Is doing there. My sims isn't and never has been in the social media career. 

Screenshot (108).png

Second of all this makes no sense! She only has 1,514 followers, but she looses hundreds of thousand more that she has. 

Lastly a sims with a few thousand followers who reaches a certain charisma level has to create social media profile still? 

The whole social media thing, is so messed up at the moment. Hope they fix this soon. 

Message 2 of 16 (4,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Aayanah_K

Did it tell you how many you gained ? massive seems a bit relative. Do you just use the computer interaction or also the one on the video table/phone that came with GF ? Do both not give you followers ?

@SproutLee

Not sure if it's the same issue as OP though. The interactions from the phone/video table seem a bit unconnected to your computer profile. Not sure how it's supposed to work. Also unsure about the advertise. Did you not have that before if you weren't in the career ? 

At the end of the day, we have content from three packs that influence this: The career from CL, the new stuff that came with GF and base game (charisma 5). It's very possible that they need to be kept separate so it still properly works if people don't have the packs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (4,559 Views)

★★ Novice
SproutLee has the same problem!! That’s what keeps happening to my sim
Message 4 of 16 (4,544 Views)

Hero
I thought you're not getting any although you engage ?

SproutLee say they lost more than they had through advertisement ? Is that what you're seeing ?

*confused*

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (4,540 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The thing is they all add up to the same total followers. So that's why I'm confused when creating a new account adds to your current following base. Also the advertising option seems to be a bug because it's from one of the branches of social media career. That's why regular sims who aren't in that career loose more followers than they've got.
Message 6 of 16 (4,524 Views)

Hero

@Aayanah_K are you not gaining any followers or loosing them all through advertising ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (4,517 Views)

★★ Novice
I’m not advertising, I’m doing simple things like streaming and it says i gained like 200,000 and then i still only have 2,000
Message 8 of 16 (4,501 Views)

Hero
That does sound different then. There was a bug that got fixed with the amount of followers. You shouldn't get that many just for streaming but you still shouldn't get none at all. Do you also get that if you use the phone ?

@SproutLee Could you create a separate thread for the advertising showing without the career and the massive loss because of it ? Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (4,493 Views)

Hero

@Aayanah_K

could you test if you get the same issue with another Sim and also if you use the phone ?

Do you not gain any followers at all or just not as many ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (4,436 Views)