Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Skin Details Vanish after Randomizing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for KRS, TS, MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Add skin details to a sim 2) Randomize any feature except for "Face" or "All"
What happens when the bug occurs? When randomizing any non-facial feature (e.g. clothing, voice) skin details (e.g. freckles, moles) are removed.
What do you expect to see? When using the "Randomize" function I'd expect skin details to remain the same (if not "Face" or "All" are randomized).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

SkinDetails.png

Message 1 of 27 (2,396 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Skin Details Vanish after Randomizing

Hero

Skin details no longer go away when randomizing Sim features other than the "Face" or "All" categories.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

New try. Hope it's fix this time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (1,870 Views)

All Replies

Hero
I can duplicate this.

Adding as needs input to get some more voices

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (2,326 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks!

Message 3 of 27 (2,319 Views)

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (2,226 Views)

★ Guide

I can confirm this as well. I've been relegated to noting down the particular skin details, then re-applying post randomization. 

Message 5 of 27 (2,122 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★ Guide

Platform: PC

Language: German

Game version: 1.52.100.1220

All expansions, game and stuff packs are installed.

I have the same skin detail / tattoo issue but just when I switch to hot/cold weather in CAS but I also noticed everything (skin details and tattoos) disappear when I click on the trait randomize button.

Message 6 of 27 (2,696 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For me and a few other people, after using the new random traits feature, all the details of the skin on the sim will be removed. Of course, I mean the PC version of the game.

Message 7 of 27 (2,592 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT/A] Face details removed after randomize traits for the sim

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Seasons, Parenthood, Vintage glamour stuff and Bowling night stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Being in Create a Sim, select facial details such as freckles, moles, wrinkles, pimples, etc. Then, using the new button randomize traits feature, you randomize traits for the sim while still in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? All the details of the face I chose for the sim were removed.
What do you expect to see? I want details of the sim's face not removed in Create a Sim when I randomize the traits for the sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bug appeared in patch from June 18, 2019.

The bug only occurs when I randomize traits for sim in Create a Sim. It occurs in all age groups.

Message 8 of 27 (2,090 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Face details removed after randomize traits for the sim

Hero
@Kwarcdymny1 Actually found an older thread for this. Seems it happens with any randomize button. Think we can put them together in one thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 27 (2,044 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MAC ?] Tattoos and Skin Details don't apply to all outfits

★★★ Newbie

i’ve had this issue as well, but noticed that it is only after randomizing! traits or sims ! 

Message 10 of 27 (2,174 Views)