by pollick-c

Original Post

[TO ADD] Skill level keeps dropping & sometimes going past 100%

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, City Living, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Perform a skill and watch the green bar above their heads and in the skill panel.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sim is learning a skill, the green bar above their head keeps dropping. They'll get to a certain percentage and then it'll drop and it'll do it repeatedly, then once it get's to 100%, instead of leveling up, it'll just keep going sometimes to almost 150% before my sim will level up.
What do you expect to see? The skill bar shouldn't keep dropping and sims should level up at 100%.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I haven't changed anything in my game or added anything. This has been happening for a long time and it's kind of annoying. lol

This is what's happening; https://youtu.be/AZ3Ep69rdto

Message 21 of 49 (1,400 Views)

Re: Skill bar goes above 100% before leveling up & sometimes drops

★★ Guide

I had this once. Only once so this bug is rare to me.

To reproduce(IIRC):

1. Click a piano and practice it.

2. While performing, >> (speed up) the clock.

3. Skill level become 125% IIRC

Message 22 of 49 (1,390 Views)

Hero
This is kinda of an old bug but it still seems to happen to some people.

Does it happen to all kinds of Sims for you (like normal, vampires, whatever) and on every skill ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 49 (1,379 Views)

Hero
Nudge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 49 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah it does it with all skills. I was just playing last night and the bar kept going up and down like for example; it would get to like 60% then drop down a couple of numbers and when it’d reach 99% it would drop back down to 86% and then keep going a little past 100% before leveling up.

I noticed on my game it’s starting to do this a lot with my sims needs bar as well.

Message 25 of 49 (1,355 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Skill level keeps dropping & sometimes going past 100%

★★★★★ Apprentice

I made a video to show what's happening in my game; https://youtu.be/AZ3Ep69rdto

Message 26 of 49 (1,325 Views)

Hero
Does the dropping down happen if you don't speed up the game too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 49 (1,319 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I tested it without speeding it up and it still does it a lot. :/

Message 28 of 49 (1,303 Views)

Hero
Finally found the old thread on this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sim-is-constantly-learning-the-Logic-Skill/td-p/345...

Seems like the reports just stopped coming but I never actually marked it as fixed so I guess there was never an official patch fix on this.

Going to add this back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 49 (1,282 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, thank you for very much, I really appreciate your help. Standard smile

Message 30 of 49 (1,266 Views)