Re: Toddlers Skills Are Glitched

by engramplays

Original Post

★ Apprentice

This reminds me of the glitch when Sims used to get stuck playing chess. While stuck at the chess table their Logic skill level would eventually increase to a number higher than 100% for the current skill level but not advance to the next level. Sometimes even after getting them unstuck from the chess table they would walk around with a skill bar above their head even when not doing any skill related activity. While this phantom skill bar was present it would continue to show an increase of the percentage of the Logic skill to several hundred percent complete with whatever level they were at. I know they patched the issue with the chess table and I haven't had a Sim get stuck playing chess since then but I wonder if there was an underlying issue that got over looked? Maybe the chess table wasn't the problem and it was something with the skill mechanic all along?

Message 11 of 49 (2,276 Views)

Hero

There were two bugs in the game: One where the percentage went over 100% (like this one) and one where the skill bar gets stuck.

The percentage was fixed a long while ago. The skill bar is still an issue and yes, it doesn't have anything to do with the chess table. It's a skill/display issue

I do believe it's the same bug we had before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 49 (2,269 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddler Skill Stuck. Percentage continues to go up

★★ Novice

My Problem is slight different. Despite the skills continue to improve, both my toddlers have constantly a full skill bar hanged over their heads independent of the activity or the percentage of the skill they have. To recover just relaunch the game.

Message 13 of 49 (2,247 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem for communication skill which suddenly drops back down - I've had it virtually full and drop back to 14% on level 1.

Message 14 of 49 (2,179 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that the toddler communication skill still goes way over 100%, then drops down to a very low percentage. My toddler has reached level 2 or 3 of the other skills (except potty) over 2 sim days but the communication skill is firmly refusing to go much above 50% (except when it goes into the stratosphere, only to drop back down after I have entered Manage Worlds then re-entered the house). I have all EPs, GPs and SPs, my game is up to date and I am not using any mods.

Communication.png

Message 15 of 49 (2,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The communication skill seems to get stuck when adults interact with the toddler and cause two skills to be fulfilled at once (like potty training and flash cards - the comm skill is added to the other skill). The comm skill "raises" but it doesn't appear to actually increase the skill, instead it can end up showing as over 100%. I also had an issue with the play interaction, but when i performed the action twice in a row, it "unstuck" the comm skill.

I have reset toddlers, repaired the game and did a factory reset. Mods aren't the issue because not having them in game after the factory reset didn't change anything.

The only thing that I found to fix it is to exit and reenter the game every time it happens.

Message 16 of 49 (2,081 Views)

★ Novice
Yes me too
Message 17 of 49 (1,960 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Problem for me as well. I just installed Parenthood. No mods or CC.

Message 18 of 49 (1,849 Views)

Hero
Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 49 (1,794 Views)

★ Novice
Same, I got the notification saying the toddler had completed the skill and the bar even said 100% but a few moments after this glitch occurred!
Message 20 of 49 (1,763 Views)