by antediluvian1980

Original Post

[OPEN] Skill gain indicator getting stuck over a sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, seasons pets, get to work Magicians, Parents, Spa, Outdoor Luxury Party Stuff Holiday Celebration Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think it occurs when you ALT + TAB without first pressing ESC to get the menu up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sometimes the skill gain indicator over a sims head gets stuck and shows full all the time, and I think this also makes the "Acquired new lvl skill" notice window to NOT appear either.
What do you expect to see? That the skill gain indicator/gauge appears as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Skill gain indicator/gauge getting stuck/bugged over a sim. Probably if you ALT +TAB while in direct game. Seems to work ok if you first press ESC to get the game menu before ALT + TAB

Message 1 of 19 (7,774 Views)

Re: Skill gain indicator/gauge getting stuck/bugged over a sim

Hero
@antediluvian1980 There have been two issues with this since the game came out

- The skill bar going beyond 100% and later dropping again (although the dropping doesn't always happen). The skill bar over the head will show full and the bar in the info continues to rise.
- The skill bar over the Sims head being stuck above the Sims head but the skilling itself stops.

To be sure, which one are you seeing ? Both have older threads but maybe it's best to just have a fresh one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (7,659 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ugh, is there any way to subtract a 'Me, Too'? Lol. I thought this was a different problem, the one where the progress circle is stuck and does not fill until the very end.

Message 3 of 19 (7,627 Views)

Hero

I've seen this in my game since the last update much more than it used to show up but it's been around in my game for quite some time off and on.  The progress bar over the sim's head seems to get stuck when full on some of the skills and seems to remain there even if you switch skills you're working on.  The bar in the skill panel does seem to show the correct actual progress in the skill you're working on though.  It does go away sometimes during play if you reach the next level or gain a level in another skill but mostly you have to at least go to manage worlds to get rid of it and/or switch to another household.  Sometimes it takes a full game restart to make it go away.   Also, it only seems to afflict only one sim in the active household most of the time but I have seen it on two every once in a while.

Message 4 of 19 (7,569 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Skill gain indicator getting stuck over a sim

★★ Guide

This.has happened to me so much, with all ages.   I’m on a Mac with all low settings and in laptop mode. 

Message 5 of 19 (7,522 Views)

Skill bar doesn't disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a game and start learning any skills. I've had this issue basically from the start, but now that I have triplets (toddlers) and they're all learning different skills it really bothers me.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim learns a skill, the bar fills up and they get the skill level, but the bar doesn't empty. Biggest issue is however that even when they stop learning, the skill bar stays over their heads. Now I have 4 sims and they all have them over their heads. Reset Sim doesn't work. They go to sleep with the bar still there and wake up with it. It does occasionally change the progress when you change the skill they're working on, but only in the morning when they start again.
What do you expect to see? The skill bar should disappear right after the sim is done learning! Again, this has been an issue for many years now, but hasn't been as prevalent.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In the picture, the toddler who is the selected sim isn't currently learning anything, but the skill bar is there. The other toddler who is sitting next to the mother is learning communication, but is only at 18% yet the bar is full.(EDIT: The game's own screenshot doesn't show this. Adding another).(EDIT 2: Adding another picture: toddlers potty training-the bar is full, but skill is only at 41%).

Message 6 of 19 (7,454 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Skill gain indicator getting stuck over a sim

★★★★ Expert

This is a VERY OLD bug. It's been happening since the first days of Sims 4. On some occasions the skill bar just gets "stuck" and will permanently remain above their head, even after they stop working on the skill. Even starting working on a new skill doesn't show the "new" bar, just the stuck one.

Sometimes traveling or resetting the sim will make it go away.  It's more an annoyance than anything as it doesn't hinder skill building.

Message 7 of 19 (7,405 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I guess I remembered correctly then, but it's still strange that it hasn't been addressed in any way. I'm doing the 100 baby challenge and god is it annoying then. 

Message 8 of 19 (7,392 Views)

Hero
@kkikikiisu This issue has been on and off. It's been addressed in the past but seems to be back

BTW, I merged your post with the current existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (7,360 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for answering. I never saw this addressed, but it's cool it was fixed for some time, I guess. Is there any way knowing if this will be addressed again? 

Message 10 of 19 (7,333 Views)