[OPEN] Skill Point Bar Stuck

by itsSesime

Original Post

[OPEN] Skill Point Bar Stuck

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Every time my sim does a "skill" their bar gets stuck on high even though their actual skill level is lower. Not that bad of a bug, but really annoying when I think my sim is almost leveled up in a skill.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag448/myyyhw2/09-19-14_5-17nbspPM_zpsef7929c5.png

Message 1 of 44 (53,172 Views)

Re: Sim's Skill Point Bar Stuck

Hero (Retired)

try send the sim travel to another  lot or reset the sim

ctrl+shift+c to bring up the cheat menu bar at the top of the screen then type in resetSim FirstName LastName

or ctrl+shift+c to bring up the cheat menu type in testingcheats true  

then shft click on sim Reset Object which will reset the Sim

to turn the cheat off  testingcheats false

Message 2 of 44 (53,082 Views)

Saving Glitch, Please Fix? Not sure where to post this.

★★★ Newbie

I just wanted to bring to your attention potential reasons why my particular game won't save.

- My sim got a skill level bar stuck over his head that was "full" after leveling up

- I beleive it was from the cooking channel when he was sitting on his bed that was upstairs.

I tried to save the game and the date and time stamp are current but it loads the previously saved version of that game.

So please patch it eventually?

Message 3 of 44 (53,066 Views)

Re: Saving Glitch, Please Fix? Not sure where to post this.

Hero

@theexspecter Merged with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 44 (53,060 Views)

Sim has skills metre above his head even when he is not doing skills

★★★★ Novice

I worked out the saving issue with save as which meant i did lose 5 days worth first (very annoying) now i have discovered a new problem my sim has a skill level above his head all the time then the game crashed and of course 2 hours of play went with it, now we all know 2 hours doesnt do alot but when you work on hugh speed to get to where you were before you lost everything 2 hours can be 2 promotions etc, not a happy bunny Frown (said very lightly) also my sim was sitting at chess table and then goes from sitting to standing several paces back in the middle of a game.

Message 5 of 44 (53,037 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sorry didnt see this when i posted mine but it crashed after in mine is that normal?

Message 6 of 44 (53,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Don't think that is related to the stuck skill bar.

I wouldn't worry about it if it's a one time thing. If you keep getting crashes, make your own thread in the general forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 44 (53,035 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm having the same issue. Resetting the sim caused the bar to disappear but the logic level is stuck at 491% on level 1. If I try to progress the logic skill the bugged skill bar comes back but the skill won't build.
Message 8 of 44 (52,990 Views)

Hero

I think there was a suggestion to that in the old thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/775749/sims-4-base-game-bug-thread-please-read-the-first-...

Have only limited time atm so you need to read yourself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 44 (52,985 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also have a problem with the skill bars sometimes getting stuck when they become full.

I have noticed it happens to the cooking skill (while watching the cooking channel), the logic skill, and possibly others.

Using the "resetsim Firstname Lastname" cheat will fix the glitch.

Message 10 of 44 (52,909 Views)