Re: [OPEN] Skill Point Bar Stuck

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

If it happens reproducible constantly on that lot, please upload your save somewhere and PM me the link. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 44 (1,409 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So my sim got the stuck bar from reading the mixology book.

Message 42 of 44 (1,302 Views)

★ Novice

I hope I'm doing this right, replying to the thread, and not just one person.

This post is several years old, but I just started having these "skill bar stuck" issues. I haven't bought any new packs recently, and it looks like it's been around awhile, so it can't be a recent update.

Sometimes when I start my sims on Logic, Mixology, and other skills (Kids Empathy, etc), the bar sticks over their head at full and doesn't progress.

Similarly related: My sims don't gain updates related to their life aspirations when they're having these issues.

Examples: Social Butterfly says Gain 2 Child Friends - 1/2, when they made 2 friends listed in their relationships, or the Family one saying Read to Child for 2 hours, and they clearly read for 3hr, but the bar gets stuck instead.

Resetting and retrying the reading or friendship sometimes works, but it's more trouble than it's worth.

Occurs with books, mirrors, tvs, sitting, standing,...basically anything.

I save and exit to menu when it happens and it resets the sim when I load back again, but it happens when I try the same skills again / the same way.

I saw all the temporary fixes, all related to resetting the sim. Save and Exit is just faster on my pc.

But if this has been around since 2016, I think we should be past temporary fixes. Skills are a huge part of the game, after all. Confused

PC / Win 10

Active Expansions: Pets, Camp Out, Back to Work (?), Seasons, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Outdoor Retreat, Perfect Patio

Message 43 of 44 (870 Views)

Hero
@Razrroth Please make a new thread.

I don't think we have a current one but need to double check later.

I'm locking this one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 44 (856 Views)