Re: [OPEN] Skill Point Bar Stuck

by Nuke615

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

So, I"m having the same problem with the stuck skill bar above the sim's head. I've reset the sims, sent them to a lot and back, sent them to work and back and even restarted the game. All to no avail. The stupid skill bar is still stuck there. Any other suggestions for how to get it to go away??

Message 31 of 44 (2,381 Views)

Hero

The most common fix is to find out what skill it is (mostly logic) and then skill that again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 44 (2,380 Views)

Skill Bar Stuck

★ Novice

Has anyone managed to fix the bug where a skill bar gets stuck above the Sims head after they finish an activity? This happens always when my sim uses the computer, builds logic, or works out and I don't know how to stop it without just quitting my game. 

Message 33 of 44 (2,370 Views)

Hero

If you look closely after skill, the skill bars sort of fade away after awhile. Maybe they're just stuck a bit too long and then do what they are supposed to.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 44 (2,363 Views)

Re: Skill Bar Stuck

Hero

@oliviakingstonwrote:

Has anyone managed to fix the bug where a skill bar gets stuck above the Sims head after they finish an activity? This happens always when my sim uses the computer, builds logic, or works out and I don't know how to stop it without just quitting my game. 

I merged your post.

There's a few suggestions in this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 44 (2,361 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

shutting down game and restarting a saved game fixed the stuck bar for me.  the bug has something to do with the alternative telescope mod (the small one) I am pretty sure

Message 36 of 44 (2,159 Views)

Skill bar won't dissappear

★★ Novice
Sometimes when my sim does a skill the skill bar won't dissappear. I have already tried reseting my sim but it doest work. This also happens with the customer bar in the get to work expansion.
Message 37 of 44 (2,011 Views)

Re: Skill bar won't dissappear

Hero

Try reloading your game. That should get rid of it

@savi112 merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 44 (2,003 Views)

Re: Skill bar won't dissappear

★ Apprentice

this is also happening to me. allllll the time temp fixes are not enough or I would be doing them allllll the time. ea has had  4 games to get this right. we had the same prob in 2 and 3 get it right ea 

Message 39 of 44 (1,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Now I'm having this problem since the new update. Only one person in the lot, can be different person, from any skill, but one always have this problem. It only disappears when they leave the lot (got to work/school), and when that happens it will struck another sim until he leaves and then happens to another one. Rather annoying, and ruining the experience.

Message 40 of 44 (1,921 Views)