Skills progress bar

by NimrevD

Original Post

Highlighted

Skills progress bar

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It happened only with children and teens so far. When a sim does something that increases a skill, sometimes the bar continues to increase even after the sim stopped doing it.

Usually it happened when a child sim learns two skills at once, ie video games + one of those children-only skills. But a few days ago a teen sim played chess with a young adult sim, and after the adult won (having genius trait and 10 logic, duh), teen's logic bar continued to increase even when they stopped playing.

It's a strictly cosmetic issue, the skill does not increase with the bar. The bar remains until you reload, go to another location or the sim goes to school.

* I wish I could delete my posts here, just noticed that I posted it in the wrong thread by accident, sorry Standard smile

Message 21 of 44 (1,645 Views)

Re: Skills progress bar

Hero

@NimrevD Moved your post to the correct thread :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 44 (1,627 Views)

Skills not levelling up

★ Novice
i have noticed when I am getting a sim to build up a skill that the bar above their head is full and I presume they will then go onto the next level of that skill. But when I have a look at what percentage the skill is on, I notice that it is going past 100% and sometimes reaching 450%.

Why does this keep happening?
Message 23 of 44 (1,606 Views)

Re: Skills not levelling up

Hero

Hi @MissLeighMcKay

merged with existing report.

There's a few suggestions in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 44 (1,601 Views)

Re: Skills progress bar

★★ Apprentice

I've watched mine go up to 1000% before. It's insane.

Sometimes it helps to use testingcheats, shift-click the Sim, and choose "Reset Object." But I'd say this works maybe 50% of the time.

Message 25 of 44 (1,595 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Skill Point Bar Stuck

Hero

It is a bit of a mix up but the other bug you're referring to has a thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sim-is-constantly-learning-the-Logic-Skil...

So this is about he bar not going away, the other is about the bar going beyond 100%

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 44 (1,486 Views)

Re: Sim's Skill Point Bar Stuck

★ Novice

None of these suggestions worked out for me :'( 

Message 27 of 44 (1,465 Views)

Hero

Do you know which skill it is ? You can check on the skill tab to see which one your skilling atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 44 (1,462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm in the 50% that it's still an issue. Any other way to solve the problem ?

Message 29 of 44 (1,384 Views)

Hero

Did you try restarting the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 44 (1,441 Views)