Skill is not leveling up when reaching 100%

by MiniMurderMitten

Original Post

Skill bars keep getting stuck

★★★★ Novice

My sims will be working on a skill and the bar will show 100%, get stuck, and it'll still be there when they do other activies. When I look at their skills whatever skill their working on will show a different percentage. Although the skill bar does tend to disappear eventually.

Message 11 of 44 (4,559 Views)

Re: Skill bars keep getting stuck

★★★ Apprentice

i have same problem since installing the latest patch.  if i do a reset sim it will get rid of skill bar.  until i do skill again and it can be the same or different skill still gets stuck.  this is with or with out mods (which the couple i use are up to date) and no i dont have the skill mod installed. while this is happening.

Message 12 of 44 (4,559 Views)

Re: Sim's Skill Point Bar Stuck

Hero

@sarasim16 Merged with existing thread.

For me it works to do the same interaction again. Then it usually goes away.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 44 (4,550 Views)
Highlighted

Skill is not leveling up when reaching 100%

★ Novice

My main Sim's Logic skill level is ovewr 488% and it increases with everything she does even if its not Logic related. Any ideas?

Message 14 of 44 (4,511 Views)

Re: Skill is not leveling up when reaching 100%

Hero

@MiniMurderMitten Merged. Try doing any interaction for that skill again. That usually gets rid of it fo me

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 44 (4,504 Views)

Re: Skill is not leveling up when reaching 100%

★★ Novice

I have been playing Origin's free Game Time offer for the Sims 4 and had the same issue: Logic crept up to about 542%! 

By resetting the sim in question I was able to remove the aberrant, permanent skill bar floating above her head. However, her Logic skill remained glitched and refused to increas level. 

On reading this thread I tried the above suggestion to start a skill gaining activity focused on Logic again. The percentage dropped back down to 72%, and the bar over her head followed suit a few seconds later - changing from a permanently full bar back to the appropriate level.

So, thanks very much to crinrict; it worked perfectly! Just a shame that I have to rebuild that 400 or so Logic skill from scratch. 
If anyone from EA is reading this, you really need to organise a fix. This error is weighting me heavily towards not purchasing the full game. 

Message 16 of 44 (4,472 Views)

★★ Pro

I've only experienced this with the Logic skill - especially after playing cards. Reset Sim works, but so does going out into the Map. I've had it happen with two different Sims.

Message 17 of 44 (4,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I was having this issue forever and this thread actually helped me solve it so I thought I would let everyone know the fix! Activate cheats (press [Ctrl] + [Shift] + C (or [Cmnd] + [Shift] + C on an Apple comp) then activate the cheaty cheats (type "testingcheats true" into the white bar that came up and press enter) then type  "stats.set_skill_level [skill name] [1-10]" for whichever skill is above 100%... In my case and it seems like everyones, it was logic. So I typed  "stats.set_skill_level Major_Logic 5" (I was at 140% of level 4 logic, so I just made it level 5, I probably earned that). Your other option if that is too much is to just download the "[Script Mod] enable advanced debug/cheat interactions" and just [Shift] + [Click] on your sim and click set skill level. Hope this helps anyone!

Message 18 of 44 (4,411 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm 99% convinced this has something to do with the chessboard (and probably Play Chess with... interaction). This problem is constantly happening to my child sims.

Message 19 of 44 (4,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Resetting my sim fixed this issue for me. Thanks!
Message 20 of 44 (4,092 Views)