by The_Ratticator

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Single Townies and Their Children Look Nothing Alike

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current expansions and packs, except for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for parent-child families to spawn. For the best possible duplication, do this in San Myshuno, most notably in the Fashion and Art Districts.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are still some archetypes that the townie generator is fixated on, this one being single parents and children who look absolutely nothing alike.
What do you expect to see? Townie parents and children who actually look alike.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.68.154.1020

The townie generator is still obsessed with two-Sim families with a single parent and child who look absolutely nothing alike. The most affected families of this nature have Japanese names, with the Moroccan and Indian families not being affected as much. The most extreme example I saw was a two-Sim family, a single parent and a child, both with Japanese names. The child had black hair and was visibly Asian, while the mother was black, had no Asian features, and had red hair. Another extreme example I saw was another two-Sim family with a single parent and child, both with Japanese names. The child had blonde hair and was visibly Asian, while the father had tan skin, brown hair, and absolutely no Asian features.

This was tested on an unmodded file.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (3,374 Views)

Re: Repeat Family Structures, Names, and Archetypes Still Seen

[ Edited ]
Hero

@The_Ratticator As said in the closed thread, please create a thread PER issue you're seeing. Not all in one. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict I've edited the thread to only be about the single parents and children who look nothing alike, since this particular townie fixation is the one that's the most bothersome to me.

Message 3 of 10 (3,332 Views)

★★ Guide

One of the biggest reasons I delete game-generated townies and rather download batches off the gallery Teeth bared

I think a lot of people do this, and this is why this has so

When I look closer at some of them there is not even a hint of them being related (visually).

Message 4 of 10 (2,886 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yes I think its by design, very unfortunate, since I just keep deleting all family created from Snowy escape world. Also, it appears, they are always guays/lesbians parents... never ever a straight couple in those family. May be its why, they are adopted?

Message 5 of 10 (2,813 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Single Townies and Their Children Look Nothing Alike

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 10 (2,725 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Single Townies and Their Children Look Nothing Alike

★★ Guide

This can be reproduced by creating an empty world (deleting all families in Other households) and visiting a park in Mt. Komorebi.

The park lot spawns children and teens. The game (mostly) doesn't spawn households with only a child in them and uses household templates to generate parents/siblings. 

Some of the household templates used for this don't use specific archetypes (they are not the summit-world specific templates). The resulting family will have a "requested" sim that conforms to the Asian archetype (a child or teen) and a randomly generated parent, sometimes a sibling.

Message 7 of 10 (2,464 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)? We'd like to collect more saves to help with the investigation of this issue.

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 8 of 10 (1,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

If by this you mean the randomized households

I think I mostly see this happen with San Myshuno randomized households
that spawn when you go on San Myshuno lots

Message 9 of 10 (1,538 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello All,

Is anyone still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

@Simmingal If you are still encountering this issue on the latest game version (without mods) and willing to share the save file?
It will be great help in investigating this issue further.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 10 (958 Views)