by Kiyoshia

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sims Ignore Assigned Side of Bed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except parenthood, spa day, and a few stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Assign a Sim to right side of double bed, click the left side and choose 'sleep' OR Place right side of double bed against the wall, assign a Sim to right side of double bed, click the right side and choose 'sleep'. With both instances the Sim will (incorrectly) sleep on the left side.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I send my Sim to sleep in their bed, they do NOT go to the side that have been assigned. While sometimes it's seems random, they do sometimes just go to the side that was clicked. More importantly, if a bed is against a wall, the Sim will not slide over to their assigned side although they readily do this randomly.
What do you expect to see? Sims ALWAYS going to their assigned side, this is very important for beds against walls. Either Sims ALWAYS go to assigned side (whether waking around or scooting over) OR If going to clicked side is by design... always go to clicked side ESPECIALLY when a double bed is place beside a wall. A sim should always slide over if they are on the wrong side.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

(Double template removed)‌

Message 21 of 40 (7,959 Views)

Re: Sims Ignore Assigned Side of Bed

[ Edited ]
Hero

@willprot The bed against the wall has been posing some issues for a while now and mine even got completely stuck trying to use the bed while assigned to the side on the wall so, yeah, that's an issue

The other issue on the other hand, if you give a Sim the oder to use someone elses bed, they still can, right ? So telling them to use the right hand side is kinda overriding the claimed side with a user command and I don't think that's a bug.

Do they also use the wrong side when you don't command them to use a certain side (ignoring the bed against the wall issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 40 (7,951 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't share a double bed that is placed against a wall/ No scoot

★★★ Apprentice

Is EA looking at this bug yet? With new pack Tiny Living coming out, it would be great to bring back scoot on bed with double bed against wall. We used to be able to. It was very helpful in game since many computers and laptops are low end, so we need tiny homes. This bug messes up my tiny family builds. I haven't actually PLAYED in a long time so I didn't know till recently that I can't use those rooms anymore for couples. I tried everything I could to make them both get on the bed and scoot, but it never works. Tried to cancel sleep and make them go to other side, tried to make them both go on at once, tried with nap, nothing. There's no relax on bed option either so I can't use that method to try to scoot him over. nap, sleep, sit, assign bed, great relationship, auto sleep panel button, nothing works. This makes gameplay feel very dumb and frustrating, wish they'd fix this soon, hopefully before I finish collecting cc and start building again. I'd like to play again some day.

Even if I had a gaming PC, I'd still want this function back, I love making and playing in tiny homes, and this function was one of the options I really loved and appreciated about this game. It may seem simple and useless to EA, or others, but to many players, it was very useful and it's missed.

It's the little things in this game that make this game feel more realistic, and it's too bad that the little details get passed over so much in this game when patch day comes around.

Message 23 of 40 (7,766 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't share a double bed that is placed against a wall/ No scoot

★★★ Novice

I never knew until just a few months ago, when a friend of mine told me the sims could scoot over, and when I tried it it worked. But during the same play session a little later it suddenly didn't work anymore, and it has not worked since. I didn't exit the game or change the household, it was literally from one night to the next it stopped working. Please fix this!!!

Message 24 of 40 (7,390 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

There's actually two unique issues that I'm seeing here.

1. When using a Sleep or Nap interaction. Sims won't do the "scoot" animation to get to the side of the bed that's against a wall, they just sleep on the side that's not against a wall. 

2. Sims can't WooHoo on a bed that's against the wall, one of the Sims will route fail.

#1 broke when the EP02 Patch came out, it's a bug we're tracking. 

#2 has always worked that way, since Base Game released in 2014. This is less a bug and more so feedback/feature request. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 40 (7,307 Views)

Hero
@SimGuruNick Kinda sad to hear that. If it wasn't an option, it should be greyed out though, telling the user why it's not working and not a route fail.

This way people are just confused as to why it's not working.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 40 (7,267 Views)

Re: Sims Ignore Assigned Side of Bed

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It does now seem for the most part as long as the bed is not against the wall they go to the correct side...

that said it almost never works against the wall. it would be really great if they could figure out how to have Sims scoot over every time.

I basically just don't have my Sims sleep at the same time anymore.... which is terrible
Message 27 of 40 (7,182 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Ignore Assigned Side of Bed

★★★ Newbie

me too, except when it's only the top of the bed placed against the wall, then it glitches out

Message 28 of 40 (6,878 Views)

Sims won't scoot over on murphy beds placed against a wall

★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco lifestyle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a murphy bed so that either its left or right side is against a wall. Have the active sim assign themself the side of the bed that is against the wall. Make sure there are no other means of gaining energy (other beds, sofas, coffee makers etc.) available. Click the sim's energy bar to solve energy need.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will not scoot over on murphy beds that are against a wall. They seem to have a routing issue so they won't even start the action but do the "can't route there" animation but have a "Z z" thought bubble over their head.
What do you expect to see? Sims to be able to scoot over to sleep on murphy beds if the bed is against a wall just like they can on "normal" beds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried this around on a fresh (mod free) save and the scooting works on (almost?) every other bed but never on murphy beds. I wasn't able to reproduce this enough times but I had two instances on the cheapest Seasons bed but the sim would eventually scoot on a second try so I would say this is not a general bed bug (hehe) but is restricted to the murphy beds alone.

I was unsure of if to continue an older thread from the time before the scooting was (supposedly???) fixed or to post another thread. Since I thought this bug is restricted to Tiny living pack murphy beds only I decided I should start a new one.

Just a personal note but I think this is really important for tiny living gameplay since I noticed the bug playing in a microhome where I don't have enough room unless I place the bed against a wall.

Message 29 of 40 (5,293 Views)

Re: Sims won't scoot over on murphy beds placed against a wall

Message 30 of 40 (5,291 Views)