Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims won't share a double bed that is placed against a wall

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a double bed against a wall and let two Sims sleep in it
What happens when the bug occurs? One Sim goes to bed, the other one doesnt. They also cant woohoo. I remember that Sims used to scoot over when a bed was placed against a wall
What do you expect to see? I just want two Sims to be able to sleep/woohoo in a double bed that is placed against a wall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

From what I know Sims used to share a double bed that was placed against a wall. One Sim would just scoot over to the wall side. I tried this again recently (havent did in ages) and it stopped working? I just controlled one Sim tho. I asked them to woohoo and it didnt work. But I am pretty sure that worked some time ago. Does anyone know something about that?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 7 of 40 (35,262 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: scoot

Hero

Sims can, once again, scoot over to an open side of the bed that is pushed up against the wall.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 40 of 40 (6,675 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Sims No Longer Shift Over in Bed

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

When a bed is placed flush against the wall, they no longer shift over to let the other Sim in. As far as I remember if you clicked on a specific side, the Sim would have slept on the side you clicked. Now they will only sleep on the open side meaning that both Sims can't sleep in the same bed at the same time if it's pressed against the wall. Other people on the forums have also been having this problem. I have no custom content in my game.

Message 1 of 40 (36,486 Views)

Re: Sims No Longer Shift Over in Bed

[ Edited ]
Hero

I just tried this in my own game and the Sim shifted over just fine.

Which bed are you using ?

EDIT No idea what's going on. Hit and miss for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 40 (36,482 Views)

Re: [TO ADD/UNCLEAR] Sims No Longer Shift Over in Bed

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. I think it started as of the Dine Out patch, as that's when another member on the Sims forums and I started noticing we had to move the beds in our existing households away from the walls. I play with neither CC nor mods. 

Message 3 of 40 (36,427 Views)

Re: [TO ADD/UNCLEAR] Sims No Longer Shift Over in Bed

Hero

Thanks for the report.

For me it seems a hit and miss. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Can't find a pattern.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 40 (36,417 Views)

Hero

I've added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 40 (36,401 Views)

★★ Guide

I've noticed if you direct them to sleep on a double bed against a wall, only one will use the bed. But If you click on the buttons next to their energy bars or they go to bed autonomously, they do scoot.

Message 6 of 40 (36,218 Views)

Re: Sims won't share a double bed that is placed against a wall

★★★★ Guide
I recall that being a thing in The Sims 3? I haven't tried it at all in 4 though, so couldn't say. :/
Message 8 of 40 (35,088 Views)

Hero

Hi @Kiyoshia

this has actually been the case for a very long time now.

I've merged the old bug thread into yours.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 40 (35,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Kiyoshia Just tried this and mine are still scooting over, but they didn't to it directly. I had to wake my sim up and then click on the other half of the bed and select sleep again, then he would do it. Maybe that might work for you, too? Probably won't solve the wohoo-problem, though...

Message 10 of 40 (35,070 Views)