Re: Toddlers won't eat a full meal

by adduapina

Original Post

★★ Novice

me, my toddlers no can drink water, or juice or milk when the mother or the father places the glass on the highchair, the toddler has no choice but to put it in the inventory and if I try to make him drink not on the high chair, he can only put the drink in his inventory or place it, in the world !! No mod no CC.if you can do somethng thank you.

Message 51 of 94 (2,110 Views)

★★★ Guide

Having this issue also, playing on macOS, no mods/CC.

Message 52 of 94 (2,087 Views)

★★ Guide
Hmmm. This is happening on any lot. Even outside of a restaurant.
Message 53 of 94 (2,064 Views)

Toddlers stop eating half way through food.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All apart from strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler eat
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers stop eating half way though and cancel the eating interaction.
What do you expect to see? .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My toddler seems to stop eating half way though their food. I have pictures to show, and as you can see, the toddler was hungry, so i gave her pancakes, she began to eat them and her hunger was almost full, but then the interaction gets cancelled for no reason. This is rather annoying, and they also do the same in highchairs. 

Message 54 of 94 (2,066 Views)

Re: Toddlers stop eating half way through food.

★★ Guide

I’ve been having this issue for months with sims of all ages. I don’t know if it has anything to do with the hunger bar not being low enough to constitute a full meal, to avoid overeating, but my tots only eat until their hunger bar is in the green then put the food down, unless maybe if they’re fed in the highchair. 

Message 55 of 94 (2,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Citiy living, Get together, get to work, parenthood, vampire stuff, Dine out. Spa Day, Outdoor Adventures (I think thats what its called). Laundry, toddler, Vintage glamor, backyard stuff, Kids room, Romantic garden Movie hang out Cool kitchen, Perfect patio and luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ok, well Its not something I can trigger. There are four different bugs that have all started since the logo refresh a couple (last?) month. 1) sim will randomly disappear and reappear in selected location 2) Sim will constantly spin when getting out of the shower when an action is queued straight afterwards. Especially when you tell them to socailise. 3) cook a meal. 
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) sim will randomly disappear and reappear in selected location, rather than walking there. 2) Sim will constantly spin when getting out of the shower. This happens in all of my saved games. 3) Sims refuse to eat a whole meal, and will quite often start then put it down before their bars are full.
What do you expect to see? 1) sims should not be able to teleport 2) Get out of the shower, and get dressed. 3) eat whole meal until they are full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When the logo refresh happened a couple of months ago, thats when these bugs started to happen.

I had thought that maybe it was my legacy family save bugging out so I started a new one, the bugs appeared again.

Message 56 of 94 (1,983 Views)

Toddlers Not Finishing Food

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Strangerville, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim cook a meal, then have a toddler grab a plate. The toddler won't finish the meal.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler sits down to eat, and then gets back up and puts the half eaten plate on a table/counter/etc. Sometimes they need to be directed to eat 3 times, and sometimes 2, but they almost never eat it all in one sitting.
What do you expect to see? The toddler should sit down and finish the plate in one go.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure when this exactly started, cause I haven't played with toddlers a lot and when I do I usually use a high chair. I'm playing the 100 baby challenge and high chairs are a hassle for that, so I noticed this. I'm not sure if this is occurring with high chairs, too, but I did noticed in another save that my toddlers were ALWAYS pushing the food off the high chair about half way through, regardless of traits/hunger/etc.

Message 57 of 94 (1,887 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't eat a full meal

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Moschino & My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set toddler to grab a serving, toddler will not finish meal.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler will not finish food and drops plate off at nearest surface.
What do you expect to see? The toddler should finish the food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, the patch before Sulani was released

Message 58 of 94 (1,823 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is still happening in my game even after the latest update, but not quite as bad. All

my Sims start eating, eat until the Hunger bar turns green, but before the bar fills up, they stop even if they haven’t finished the plate.

it really disturbs me. It’s so wasteful and my Sims get hungry so fast.

Message 59 of 94 (1,795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is what I've discovered with my toddlers and eating:

1. If there are blocks in the room, the toddlers will be distracted by these blocks and not eat.

2. If their hygiene, energy, or bladder is in the yellow or red, they will eat enough to bring their hunger to green and not enough to fill it all the way.

3. They will eat to full if there are no blocks and their other needs are green.

The blocks portion seems buggy. I don't know if the other bits (other needs being yellow or red) are design choices.

Message 60 of 94 (1,735 Views)