Re: [OPEN] Sims won't drown

by hestiah23

Original Post

Re: Sims won't die (Drown specifically)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SquidBot-111This is exactly what’s happening to me right now. In the pool, exhausted with pass out in 0 minutes, no signs of drowning for hours. :/

I don’t have island living installed. 

Message 41 of 63 (2,065 Views)

Sims won’t drown

★★★ Newbie

I know other people have had this problem. I play on ps4 with the cat and dog edition if that makes any difference.

I finally decided to randomize some sims and just drown them for my own entertainment. They have been swimming for 3 days straight and they still have not drowned. They are all very uncomfortable with an empty hunger, energy, and fun bar. Every once in a while splash around but they don’t die. Hoping someone could simply try and explain what I should do, and if anyone else is still having this problem.

Message 42 of 63 (2,060 Views)

@TasteLikeVictory  This is a known issue, so I've merged your post with the bug thread on this issue.  Please click Me Too on the first post, and feel free to add any more info.  This thread will be updated if and when there's a fix, although on a console, you might need to wait one more patch cycle.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 43 of 63 (2,041 Views)

★★ Guide

I managed to troubleshoot this issue even further today to find out that this could specifically be a bug for the uncomfortable (exhausted) mood.

I had no problem killing my sim through starvation. However, if I have him with exhausted (pass out in...) alongside ravenous (die from starvation...) my Sim doesn’t die from drowning or hunger. The Sim doesn’t starve to death when put on land or passes out at all. If I fill my energy need all the way to full and still have the uncomfortable (ravenous) mood, the Sim will not starve to death. 

I had to reset the Sim to remove the uncomfortable mood, then he/she can eventually die from starvation.

The Sim can successfully pass out on the floor if the ravenous moodlet isn’t down to 0 (starve to death). As long as I don’t have my Sim exhausted (pass out in 0) while in the pool, death from starvation works and passing out on the floor works. 

Message 44 of 63 (2,014 Views)

★★ Guide

Is there a solution or workaround to this yet? It’s ruining immersion at the moment. Frown

Message 45 of 63 (1,982 Views)

★★★★ Guide

good work sorry but no wish there was

Message 46 of 63 (1,962 Views)

Re: Sims won't die (Drown specifically)

★★ Novice
@chutneyx4404 Having the same problem. No mods and I only have the Get to work expansion pack along with the base game. My sims will not drown,starve and starting fire was extremely difficult and impossible in the basement. So making ghosts is basically impossible if you don't have a lot of patience and cheats.
Message 47 of 63 (1,951 Views)

sims wont die

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i made some people i dislike irl in the sims and locked them in swimming pools with walls all around them with no way out. it says they are going to pass out in 0 minutes but they will not DIE

Message 48 of 63 (1,943 Views)

@xxpastel__batxx  I've merged your post with the bug report on this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too and add any other relevant details.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 49 of 63 (1,914 Views)

★★ Guide

Is there an eta yet for this fix? 

Message 50 of 63 (1,872 Views)