Re: Sims won't die (Drown specifically)

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@dorifto96 Your Sim drowned with no issues in my game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 63 (2,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's most definetly a bug, as they can't die specifically in pools

They basically just keep swimming in one place, and it says "passing out in:0" and it just says that and nothing happens

It happens with every character, on any save I have

Message 32 of 63 (2,009 Views)

Hero
@SquidBot-111 If you have a save you can send me that would be great. I haven't been able to duplicate at all and have killed quite a few poor Sims now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 63 (2,004 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sims won't drown

★★★ Apprentice

I, too, have this problem, but when I added the townie to my household, then had my mermaid drown her it depleted all needs to red and then she drowned (took 24 hours or there abouts lol) but I tried for several days prior to that with her still as a Sulani native townie and she wouldn't drown on her own.

I play vanilla game 

Message 34 of 63 (1,989 Views)

Hero
@Dglbr1969 Can you kill her at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 63 (1,984 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  i've saved over it sadly, & recover wont go back far enough, but i will try to get the moodlet to stick on another sim.... it's the timer not counting down (or rather, there being no time listed for passout) on the uncomfy tired moodlet. Because they're unable to do the passout, they're unable to drown. If i can get the moodlet to stick on a sim i'll upload a save with it.

Message 36 of 63 (1,967 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict  I tried for several days straight to kill her when she was a townie (repeating Sirens Call, then dragging her under, and then calling the sea monster (can't remember then command name) and she eventually left and went ashore and just disappeared (looked like she may have been going to work??). I had already written my storyline so she HAD to die at my mermaid's hand lol so … I had to add her to my household, where I did one set of Siren's call then dragging her under then the sea monster (I had been told by someone else that doing it repeatedly may indeed restore some of their needs by default) where she took around 8 hours to die by drowning rather than the mermaid directly, but these 3 actions did reduce her needs substantially to the red. I don't think she was part of the families there, I'll have to check but she had short red/brown hair, slightly overweight and my mermaid had caught her poaching once. 

Message 37 of 63 (1,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dragancaor I think I know what you mean. I had the timer go back to 3 hours once and also getting stuck for a while on my adult but they did drown in the end.

So just a save where they don't drown at all (but do die by other means) would be good,

As said in the beginng: There are Sims that are immune to dying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 63 (1,949 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Now that you mention it, I tried using my merman to drown the premade Sim Lilliana Kealoha at the empty lot at Mua Pel'am; I did everything I could to get her to drown; I used Siren's Call to lure her near to a deep diving buoy far out, then called an underwater threat on her to get her to finally drown, and I did these actions TWICE on a clear sunny day for almost 8hrs I think. She just wouldn't drown and I was wondering if I did anything wrong. I didn't think of it as a possible bug until I encountered this thread about trying to drown sims. I was not playing the premade sim.

Message 39 of 63 (1,914 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims won't drown

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 63 (1,850 Views)