Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims will not sit to watch TV under certain circumstances

by IrisuChan

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims will not sit to watch TV under certain circumstances

★★★★★ Apprentice

This has been happening with my sims for awhile now. When I have a group of sims watch a movie together or TV channel as a group, only one or two will sit down while three of four stand even when there are empty couches and chairs sitting around. 

Overall there's too much moving around when watching as a group. Even if my sims are standing and I force them to sit, other sims that were sitting will then stand up. It's annoying and looks weird. 

Also, I wish they could make it so that you could get up during a movie and make popcorn without breaking the interaction. I always seem to forget to make the popcorn first and have to wait until the movie is over to start again because you can't cancel the other people from watching it.

Message 11 of 17 (1,770 Views)

Sims standing while watching TV

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? After 1.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for the sim to watch TV
What happens when the bug occurs? They stand
What do you expect to see? Sit
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As the title says. My sims stand up while watching TV. Previous household sometimes did sit down but my current doesn't.

Message 12 of 17 (1,670 Views)

Re: Sims standing while watching TV

Hero
Hi @SisterGloomy

I merged your post with an older bug report on this but I really need you to update your game. Bug reports on outdated versions are not really legit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 17 (1,641 Views)

★★ Guide

I experience the problem where sims won't sit to watch tv, or sit down to eat, since I purchased a 3-pack (get together, outdoor retreat and fitness stuff). There's enough space to go to the couch or seat, and if I ask the sim to sit down they will, all the while watching the tv. But they used to sit down automatically. Anyone any idea how to solve this please?

no sit.PNG

Message 14 of 17 (1,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm noticing this as well. I could have a sofa or love seat in a position where it worked fine before, but now they will stand. I've noticed it when putting a TV behind bars too. I have a custom gym I made where I put in a pool with a bar right next to it, and there's a TV behind the bar and some of those outdoor loungers by the pool. For some reason sims ignore the bar stools and sit at the closest lounger. Before adding the loungers sims would stand and watch, rarely ever sitting to watch. Since adding the loungers, the first sim to watch takes the closest lounger then all other sims stand. Without the loungers, it seems that no matter where I put the bar sims either stand in front of it or behind it to watch.

From what I see, sims are less likely to sit in most circumstances. If they are socializing though, they seem very likely to sit and watch as long as there are enough seats. Here are some screenshots showing different scenarios. The first one is two sims watching at my gym but not in a conversation, and you can see one sitting at the lounger to watch while my sim stands. Then the second one I experimented with a social group and had them channel surf together, and as you can see 3 of the 4 started talking and ended up sitting at the bar. With the last one I had my sim join the conversation, and they got up from the lounger to sit at the bar. There's also one other sim standing in this image that is in the conversation, but I'm sure if there was another bar stool that they would be sitting too.

I just wanted to add that I'm playing on the PS4 (a Slim model) with just the base game (no packs at all) and using the latest update.

Message 15 of 17 (1,366 Views)

Re: Movie Theater Woes

★ Novice

I also have this issue but have no tiered seating just a row of chairs and a sofa behind it.... For some reason when you tell them as a group to watch a movie they all get up and stand to watch. Even if they were seated already watching tv. Don't know if this is a bug or what

Message 16 of 17 (1,179 Views)

Re: Movie Theater Woes

Hero (Retired)
@TarheelMP201984 I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button on the first page on the first post of the thread.
Message 17 of 17 (1,161 Views)