[FIXED] Sims will constantly "Check toddler" & it disturbs gameplay

by Marinuttonen

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims will constantly "Check toddler" & it disturbs game

★★★ Guide

I agree. I've found that I've had to turn off free will to keep toddlers in their high chairs to eat. Also, the parent sim calling themselves to take the toddler out instead of just doing it is also annoying.

Message 11 of 17 (1,146 Views)

★★ Pro
@DracuAlice2017 Oh yeah true I've done that too (turn off free will) but it's not a solution because I like to play with free will on so it's an absolute NIGHTMARE to juggle free will on/off for the sole reason of keeping a toddler in their highchair. Basically playing with toddlers is a nightmare currently. The "Give food from inventory" interaction is not working either now so we basically have to have our toddlers care for themselves which.. *sigh* ..is not very realistic and just sucks. :/
Message 12 of 17 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also always command my sims to serve a cook, mostly garden salad, and keep em in my fridge so when my toddler is hungry, they can take the food by themselves. Sometimes, one of my sims who always harvesting from garden, I told them to put a lot of fruit at their babies room XD its like feeding our pet through floor to follow us lol. 
At toddler eat chair, yea I sometimes make em nap at it so they stay put XD

Message 13 of 17 (1,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I have a toddler I’ve started putting everything they could need in one room and then locking the door for everyone except one adult sim. That way all toys, food, bathroom items, etc are available but the toddler is locked in and can’t be disrupted. 

Message 14 of 17 (934 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They need to change the autonomy to check toddler so that when another parent is already interacting with the kid, the other adult won't bother them. Same thing when the toddler is queued up to grab food or is currently eating, the adult should not be autonomously checking the toddler. I appreciate my sims trying to be good parents, but they are hurting more than they are helping. I thought one of my toddlers was going to be taken away because BOTH parents were interrupting the toddler from eating their food. This obsessive picking up/putting down or checking on the toddlers is ABSOLUTELY WHY I can't use highchairs in the game. I find myself screaming at my computer, because my sims will give the toddler food in the highchair, then immediately pick them up and put them down on the floor instead of letting them eat. 

Message 15 of 17 (899 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

This bug needs to be fixed urgently it destroys gameplay. They fixed pranking toilets so why not fix this?

Message 16 of 17 (836 Views)

Hero

Sims won’t constantly drop everything in their queue to Check Toddler

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 17 (2,322 Views)