Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims will constantly "Check toddler" & it disturbs gameplay

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have multiple caregivers / adult sims on lot with toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everyone will spam check toddler and interrupt whatever you're trying to do.
What do you expect to see? Checking toddlers not dropping ques of sims and being less frequent
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Imagine this; All is calm, you're reading your toddler to bed. But wait what's this? Dad is coming into the room? What for? Oh for nothing else but to use "Check toddler" on the toddler, who was being read to sleep, who will them ask the other parent to carry them to the bed THEY WERE SITTING ON. Dad will pick up toddler. Oh what's this? Some lady is sitting on the bed with a book? That means the only place for this toddler to go is the floor. Toddler passes out. I quit the game out of pure frustration.

This happens like 50% of the time I try to read a toddler with low energy to sleep. Another is if they're low hunger but already have a plate of food -in their hands- the other adult sims will come in and thrust their sippy cups at the toddler. Just any need being relatively low causes everyone to drop what they're doing to come and harass the child. It's absolutely awful.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (5,567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims will constantly "Check toddler" & it disturbs game

Hero

Sims won’t constantly drop everything in their queue to Check Toddler

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (2,216 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims will constantly "Check toddler" & it disturbs gameplay

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is actually one of the most annoying issues in a fantastic game. I recently followed the advice of another poster, as I had stopped getting babies altogether because of this issue. I make all toddlers independent and spread a lot of food on the floor. When they wake up I have them pick up the fruit and eat, while the parents stand and watch. When they are tired I have them go to sleep. No good night story. No high chair. It is sad but everything else is too frustrating. The only thing the parents have to care for is bathing, and even here I need to play the toddler and ask the parent of a bath. When I play the grownup and click the toddler or the bathtub, there's high chances it won't work.

Message 2 of 17 (5,540 Views)

★★ Guide

This issue is annoying. I had to kick one dad out of the household today because he kept interrupting and harrassing the poor little toddler all the time. Mom is showing cards —> dad will check one the toddler and interrupt what mom was doing. Tired toddler is being read to sleep? The other parent will check in the toddler and interrupt the whole show. Toddler has just been put to high chair and mom is about to give some food? If the kid’s energy need is low the other parent will check in the toddler, toddler will tell that they want to go to bed, dad removes them from the high chair and the kid will be put to bed hungry. 

If there are more than two adults in the house, let’s say older siblings or grand parents, it is an absolute disaster. Every sim will constantly check on toddler, the poor baby will get nothing completed. They need to make it so that when one adult is active with the toddler there would be no autonomous check on toddler interactions by other adults.

Message 3 of 17 (5,511 Views)

★ Guide

I've had divorced couples, where I've invited the other parent over and they STILL interrupt everything. The game wants me to only play single mothers/fathers, obviously :')

Message 4 of 17 (5,479 Views)

★★★ Guide

Also having this issue. Toddlers are constantly being checked, even when another sim is already caring for them.

Message 5 of 17 (5,411 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Marinuttonen Its so frustrating that a great idea just disrupts gameplay so much even with autonomy off for the selected Sim.
Message 6 of 17 (5,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I play single parent households when I can. It's just too frustrating otherwise. Toddler needs care, assign one parent then watch your interaction get cancelled because the other uses check toddler. Current household, as soon as the baby was aged up to toddler the father immediately, you guessed it, check toddler.

Toddler starts playing, building up a skill and they have to immediately stop because someone is checking on them. Seen many toddlers pass out on the floor, have had to use UI Cheats to prevent more than one toddler get removed because they were starving and the check toddler kept stopping them from eating and of course, the old 'pull that filthy toddler out of the bath, I need to check on them'. I wish we could turn the whole interaction off. It's like the game doesn't trust you to be able to play it.

Message 7 of 17 (5,011 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have this problem as well. As nice as it is to have the sims be involved in their toddler's life, it is annoying to spam the "check toddler". Dad wants to show cards to daughter, Mom comes in and checks toddler to dance. Mom wants to feed son, Dad checks toddler and puts him to bed. It's almost like Mom and Dad are competing to try and see who is the better parent.

Message 8 of 17 (4,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its also messed up while I trying to play as big family in big mansion, consisting with grandparents, 1 family with 2 toddler and another family with 1 toddler. When there is a toddler need food or anything from older sims, I always assign their own parent to do it. But even the dad/mom face 2 face with its own toddler, they kinda frozen cant do anything even after I give em command, because the other family like uncle/auntie/granma always on its way doing check toddler thing. So for now every time a toddler needs care, I always pause the game, to set the command one by one so their parent can take care their own child, without getting interrupted by another sims. 

Perhaps in the future, idk if the dev want to fix this thing. Or there is a mod specialized to fix this stacked command thing. I really love to play a toddler in Sims 4, hope this thing can get fixed soon

Message 9 of 17 (4,509 Views)

★★ Pro

I would recommend everyone to try bienchen's mod called lessautonomouscheckontoddler. It helps a lot! 

Now how to stop the toddler from calling someone to get them out of the highchair..? That is So Frustrating.. >:/

Message 10 of 17 (4,486 Views)