Re: [OPEN] Sims wearing shoes while in a towel

by WaddleBryan

Original Post

Re: Sims wearing shoes while in a towel?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Still happening

Message 11 of 15 (3,720 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah I've had this in my game since forever.  One specific pair of CC sandals comes up, for both men and women.  However others have said it happens without mods/CC so I don't think that's what's causing it.  I even opened the sandals in Sims 4 Studio and set them not for situational/nude/etc., and they STILL show up with towels.

Message 12 of 15 (3,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I recently dealt with this which I had two different issue that I fixed/resolved what I had at first was they where changing into random clothes instead of the towel when doing shower woohoo or clicking on the lockers. Slowly tweaking and figuring out what happened I finally got the towel to come back but now they are using shoes with the towel outfit. So how I fixed it was to move any and all cc that modifies the towel, feet, and even reinstall WW if you use it. The reason for this is cause I used SimsStudio and patched to disallow cc for shower and random in which the issued appeared right after. so once I moved the cc and reinstalled WW, the default shower woohoo was fixed which they now change into only the default towel without shoes ( which is what it is supposed to be for vanilla Sims 4 ONLY TOWEL) . I haven't tested reintroducing the cc that modifies the feet and the towel (necrodog HD FEET and towel replacement from LL). But for summary don't patch with SimsStudio with the mods inside and add them after patching, when patching it gives a hint that something is wrong because it says it patched out WW stuff and the feet and towel, I believe what's going on is that it removes the feet and towel because of the original feet and towel are now replaced by cc and i patched out cc to be used for shower and now its using random stuff to fill in the missing assets. This is my version of this issue so I can't say how to fix it for those who have a different version of the same issue

UPDATE ON REINTRODUCING CC THAT WAS RELATED TO THE ISSUE::
so if you had this issue, the CC that you used that you patched out via the SimsStudio (The towel replacer from LL and The HD feet by necro dog), they are now "infected" meaning those files will be recognized by the SimsStudio patch file when brought back in and you will see the issue again if reinstall CC ( This happens if you cut and copy the files like me). I did a bit troubleshooting and testing and found a fix to use the CC again, I don't know how to clean/fix it via the patch file or Sims Studio but the BEST and EASIEST solution was to go to where ever you downloaded the CC that are now "Infected" (The towel replacer from LL and The HD feet by necro dog) to download them FRESH, im assuming the SimsStudio modifies the mods and leave a print on the files/CC so when you download a new and unique file untouched by SimsStudio you wont experience the issues from above. So after downloading and reinstalling (The towel replacer from LL and The HD feet by necro dog) it went back to normal

This is also a fix for WW if it say the files are mismatched/missing or whatever, as long as you have the zip files of you CC you can extract a "FRESH" file of any mod i.e. WW just make sure to delete only the package and script file not your settings/configure folder and install the "FRESH" WW

Message 13 of 15 (3,469 Views)

★★ Novice

2023, for you guys who still find the way....

I had already fixed the problem by

-Open Sims4studio >> content management >> batch fixes >> CAS >> disallow shoes while wearing a towel 

-Delete "Feet default

In my case, I followed Sims4studio way but it couldn't help until I separated the subfolder out of the mod folder and yup I found that it was because of the feet default [cc that makes sims's feet more realistic] I had never known that it affects the game but after I deleted it the problem was fixed!! and still, can you have a feet default? YES, you can just update your default feet for a recent version. The one I already tested and it's alright is Magic bot V.7 Hope you guys have a good time Wink

Message 14 of 15 (2,815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@AudraAsharThere’s a way that nobody is talking about that i use to prevent this. You’ll need 2 mods. First is obviously the towel after shower/bath mod right here https://modthesims.info/d/656432/towel-after-shower.html Then you’ll need the always remove shoes indoors mod which can be found here https://www.patreon.com/posts/se-always-follow-46314135 it works because it makes sure that your sims remove their shoes while indoors. And even after you shower/bathe the shoes won’t show up on your sims. But make sure you have the snowy escape pack. Also, find a shoe rack or the sign from snowy escape to allow you to remove shoes indoors. Place it inside your home anywhere and it should work. That’s what i do!!!

Message 15 of 15 (2,191 Views)