[FIXED] Sims washing hands in sink in different bathroom

by hncnick

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims washing hands in sink in different bathroom

★★★★★ Pro

This is infuraiting that this is happening all the time, I am really annoyed they didnt fix it 30/8/22 patch

Message 81 of 204 (1,474 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just started having this issue today and based on some brief skimming and some testing I think I have a solution.

The problem seems to occur when you have 4 or more sinks in a single household.

I recently added an additional bathroom to my 6 person household and this gave me a total of 4 sinks. After removing the 4th sink everyone went back to normal handwashing behavior. The way I have gotten around this is by removing my kitchen sink and just using the dish washer. TBH it is a pain in the butt trying to prevent my sims from loading one dish in to the washer but I am making it work to keep my 3 functional bathrooms. Other option is to condense your bathrooms so couples can take advantage of not being embarrassed while showering or bathing simultaneously.

Message 82 of 204 (1,435 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Rev_Shadow508 also make sure those bathrooms aren't near each other. I'm playing the Ito household from the Snowy Escape pack atm. The house design has them playing musical sinks quite often. (a shame because I do like the floor plan, aside from there wasn't a bathroom upstairs. >.< ) :/
Message 83 of 204 (1,420 Views)

★★★ Guide

Haven't played in a while, but i have this happening too. On the larger lots this becomes even more ridiculous as they seem to head for the sink furthest from the toilet to wash their hands. The programmer in me thinks this means the distance calculation is inverted.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC/ Windows 10/Origin
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 90-100% for all sims
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, High School Years, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Journey to Batuu, Strangerville, Vampires, My Wedding Stories, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Moschino Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack, Paranormal Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Carnaval Streetwear Kit, Blooming Rooms Kit, Fashion Street Kit, Industrial Loft Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Throwback Fit Kit, Country Kitchen Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make sure to have fully furnished bathrooms on opposite sides of a lot. Send a sim to use the toilet
What happens when the bug occurs? sim will use the toilet and then wander across the lot to wash their hands
What do you expect to see? expect them to use the closest sink to the toilet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? yes/no. Happens both with and without MCCC activated
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? unsure. Assume it's causes by an update as I haven't played in several months

Message 84 of 204 (1,332 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims washing hands in different bathroom

★★ Apprentice

My Sims will walk past the best sink and go to a sink outside

Message 85 of 204 (1,306 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

I have no mods, I cleared all possible caches, I did a repair of the game and I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

And my sims will wash their hands in a sink opposite the used toilet when there is one right next to it.

It's been going on since the arrival of the high school pack despite the last update.

Message 86 of 204 (1,252 Views)

★★ Novice

hii i didnt have this problem before i moved my household into a home that's like 4x bigger than the apartment they previously lived in. my sims walk all the way from one corner of the first floor to the other to wash their hands. yes i have cc downloaded but i don't think taking them out will solve anything lolsims

Message 87 of 204 (1,208 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@hncnick This is happening to me as well, for bathroom use and with cleaning things up (not using the kitchen sink). Sometimes the sink they go to is very far away from the original room and eats up a lot of time.
Message 88 of 204 (1,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Any modders with a fix yet?

For now, I am just going to disable the handwashing autonomy. Yeah, it's gross, but what can you do? At least if you disable the autonomy, you can still command your sim to wash their hands if you want.

Message 89 of 204 (957 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this same issue with the bathroom sink thing, My sims will use the bathroom and then go either to a different sink in a different bathroom to use that sink or they will the kitchen sink.

Message 90 of 204 (917 Views)