Re: Sims won't use batroom sink

by nickinbigd

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims washing hands in sink in different bathroom

★★ Pro

Oh wow this takes up so much time in addition to sims not automatically running anymore. The gameplay experience is basically just waiting as sims take their sweet time walking to places. I would strongly advice against anyone wanting to start playing the sims 4 right now because this game is currently a big, buggy mess.

Message 61 of 204 (1,067 Views)

Re: Sims washing hands in different bathroom.

★★★ Newbie

Also wanted to add here, that if you are buying a new sink to place down in the bathroom, you can have your sim use the toilet, then they wash their hands in the new sink you just put in that bathroom. As soon as that first handwash is over, it's back to finding the dumbest sink option on a different floor/ across the house, etc. 

Currently resorting to having no sinks in the entire house to avoid the wasted time. Also tried locking doors so each sim can only use one bathroom.

Message 62 of 204 (1,073 Views)

Re: Sims uses far away trash can (Park) instead of close one (house)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah me too at first I thought it was just because I put the Marvel the marvelous Marbled under the sink to give it a luxurious feel to it, so I tried removing it and it still happens. Some would go to a different floor sink even! It's driving me crazy cos the walking takes up so much time that they lose time for other things 

Message 63 of 204 (1,068 Views)

★ Apprentice
@hncnick This has been happening to me too as of the beginning of August 2022.
Message 64 of 204 (1,037 Views)

★ Guide

This is happening to my Sims with some frequency. After using the toilet (autonomously) they will choose to walk away from a sink immediately adjacent to the toilet and instead use an identical model of sink in a room far away from their bathroom.  If they are directly tasked with using the toilet and then brushing their teeth, they will often walk to a different room to wash their hands and then return to the original bathroom sink to brush their teeth. Nonsensical on many levels. 

Message 65 of 204 (1,030 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've noticed this as an issue on Xbox one, as well. It didn't happen consistently enough for me to report on it, however. It happened within the last two patches.

Message 66 of 204 (1,027 Views)

★ Guide

Yes I’m in XBox also

Message 67 of 204 (1,026 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I too have this problem and the toilet problem since the last update.

After using the toilet, my sims will leave the restroom and wash their hands in a different sink (the exact same sink/price/quality) on the OTHER SIDE of the lot.

They also do not seem to go to the nearest restroom when assigned, but instead go up or down a flight of stairs to use a restroom further away from them...

So annoying! Please fix!

Message 68 of 204 (956 Views)

★ Apprentice

There does seem to be a pattern to how they choose sinks, but the pattern is save specific for me. In my one game, there is one sink that is routinely chosen for handwashing, and it's in about the middle of the house. In my other save, with a much larger house, there's about 3 sinks they rotate between depending on where they originally used the toilet.

Message 69 of 204 (933 Views)

★★★ Guide

This just started happening to me as well, but it didn't start until after I added a 3rd bathroom to my Sim's house (for a total of 4 sinks including the one in the kitchen). If I keep my Sim locked out of the newest bathroom, I don't seem to have an issue with the other two, but as soon as I unlock it she'll start using whatever other sink is on the same floor.

I suppose I should feel lucky she's not going up or down the stairs to wash her hands.

Message 70 of 204 (882 Views)