Re: [OPEN] Sims washing hands in sink in different bathroom

by Andrea058523

Original Post

Re: Sims are chosing random sink after using toilet

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I have seen sims try to target a ladder basement sink after using toilet in floor level area of house, while ignoring a perfectly good sink is in same room as toilet they just finished using.

It has nothing to do with the quality of the sink, they targeted this very cheap basement -utility type- sink in preference to a better, more expensive, and more contextually appropriate bathroom basin.

There needs to be a preference made for items used in sequence in a flat circle around the sim (not a sphere or that will target items in higher or lower floors than ones they are on), so they prefer to use items in same room they are in at time.

Message 51 of 204 (1,070 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The same thing is happening in my game. I'm playing a game with three child sims, and getting them ready for school in the morning is hell, when they keep walking in on each other in the shower to use the sink in the other bathroom.

Message 52 of 204 (1,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah... this is becoming quite the annoying problem for me too.

Message 53 of 204 (1,013 Views)

★★ Guide

Adding my voice to the chorus. This was not a bug I had before 1.90...but I can say that about a lot of things.

Message 54 of 204 (996 Views)

★ Guide

Most annoying bug ever. Its morning, I tell 7 sims to use 7 different bathrooms to use the toilet and shower. ever single one of them uses a different bathroom for washing their hands resulting in all of them being embarrassed for walking in on someone. I have taken to canceling them washing their hands and manually directing them to wash up with the correct sink.

Message 55 of 204 (988 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@hncnick Same exact problem for me. Both with and without mods/CC. Did we get fiile saves sent out?
Message 56 of 204 (977 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is basically the last noticeable bug still happening for me since the High School Update. I'm using Windows 10, and it is happening across multiple saves. At this point, my sims are being better at choosing the closest sink to wash dishes than they are about choosing the closest sink to wash their hands.

Message 57 of 204 (909 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just want to add my voice to this issue as its been weeks since they broke it and nothing is fixed.

I play in a house with 3 floors and 5 bathrooms, and its a huge problem that they can't use a toilet without wandering around the house to use a far away sink.

Though i have noticed a pattern with where they go.

Top floor and ground floor bathroom will often go to the middle floor to use sink.
My eastern bathroom will go to the middle bathroom, the middle will go to the western bathroom and the western bathroom will go to the eastern one to use the sink.

So atleast to me, it doesn't seem to be completly random which one they choose.

Message 58 of 204 (865 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: MacBook Air M1 late 2021 model

Which language are you playing the game in? French

How often does the bug occur? Every time the sim (any sim) use the bathroom

What is your current game version number? 26 July 2022

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most of the packs but will struggle to type them all here

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It appears whenever they use the lol

What happens when the bug occurs? The will wander off to wash their hands at a sink in a different room

What do you expect to see? The sim uses the sink inna different bathroo or in the kitchen

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? after the update on 26 July 2022

Message 59 of 204 (859 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This has been happening to me ever since I updated. Sucks, cause then my sims sometimes walk in on others showering. And now they're going to sinks on different floors, too. It's extremely inconvenient.

Message 60 of 204 (845 Views)