Re: [OPEN] Sims washing hands in different bathroom

by mh4515

Original Post

Sims not using the correct sinks after update.

★★★ Novice

After the most recent update my sims are not using sinks logically. When they go to the bathroom they will frequently attempt to wash their hands using a sink on the other side of the house despite the bathroom already having a sink.

Message 21 of 204 (2,926 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Same here, it can be seen in some of James Turner's recent videos too. Sims very rarely use the sink right next to the toilet, they tend to go to another sink located further away. This was not the case before the patch.

Message 22 of 204 (2,847 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this too, currently playing in the Villareal HH. It's weird though, sometimes they will use the sink in the bathroom they are in, but most of the time they won't. I've tried moving all objects away from the sinks in case there was a routing issue, but it clearly isn't that.

Message 23 of 204 (2,816 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's the weirdest thing! My Sim will use the bathroom, and then go to the top floor of my 4 story house to wash their hands! Smh

Message 24 of 204 (2,806 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yup! I have a 3-level house (a bathroom for each floor), and I queued up my sim to use the bottom-level bathroom to relieve her bladder and then shower.

She used the toilet ... then walked to the other side of the house, went up two flights of stairs, washed her hands in the top-level bathroom sink, and then trudged all the way back down to the lower-bathroom to shower ................. You know, the shower that was right next to the toilet she'd just used, and right across from a perfectly good sink.

Message 25 of 204 (2,791 Views)

Sims are chosing random sink after using toilet

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, High School Years, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Laundry Day, Moschino, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use toilet in bathroom.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim goes to randomly chosen sink on lot after using bathroom.
What do you expect to see? Sim going to sink in the same room where toilet was used.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after 1.90.358.1030 patch.

After HSY patch, my Sims after using toilet started to go to random sink in different bathrooms instead of using the one is same room where they used toilet.

Message 26 of 204 (2,872 Views)

Re: Sims are chosing random sink after using toilet

★★ Guide
@Linkyop Sims often have a lot of routing issues with sinks. Did this happen regardless of whether the mods and/or custom content was removed?
Message 27 of 204 (2,822 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes. Happens no matter of mods installed. And I even reinstalled entire game today to check it without mods.

Message 28 of 204 (2,818 Views)

★★ Guide
@Linkyop I've had a similar issue in previous versions of the game. I'm wondering if a bug fix to discourage Sims from washing up in random sinks has messed with how Sims are choosing sinks in this situation.
Message 29 of 204 (2,817 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, I didn't had this problem before HSY update at all, so something messed up there.

Message 30 of 204 (2,803 Views)