[FIXED] Sims washing hands in sink in different bathroom

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: MacBook Air

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time they use the bathroom

What is your current game version number? Update 07/26/2022

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?Everything but Star Wars pack, Moonlight Kit and little campers kit

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Yes send your sim to the restroom, have them take care of their business, and watch them wander off to a different sink to wash their hands.

What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will wander off to wash their hands at another sink rather than the one located in the restroom. 

What do you expect to see? The sim uses the sink closest next to the toilet 

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes after the update on 07/26/2022

My sims will wash their hands in a totally different bathroom than the one they used the toilet in

Edit By Crinrict: Added 'sink' to the title so it can be found easier

Message 1 of 204 (37,136 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims washing hands in sink in different bathroom

Hero

Sims now more consistently wash hands in the sink closest to the toilet.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 204 of 204 (4,649 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims washing hands in different bathroom.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 204 (37,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

While I am not the original poster, I am having the same issue so I will add info that will hopefully help.

Platform: Windows 11

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time they use the bathroom

What is your current game version number? Update 07/26/2022

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just the base game

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Yes send your sim to the restroom, have them take care of their business, and watch them wander off to a different sink to wash their hands.

What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will wander off to wash their hands at another sink rather than the one located in the restroom. 

What do you expect to see? The sim uses the sink closest next to the toilet 

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes after the update on 07/26/2022

Message 3 of 204 (37,081 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This was happening to me before the patch. I assumed it was because my sims home is off the grid and only one sink used resources.

Message 4 of 204 (37,059 Views)

Re: Sims uses far away trash can (Park) instead of close one (house)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been experiencing a similar bug, only with sims walking all the way into another room to wash their hands after using the toilet. I’m on my phone and don’t have time to fill out a whole bug report at the moment, but I’ll try to do that later if I can. 

What autonomy settings are you using, and (if you remember) did your sim take out the trash autonomously, or did you tell them to do that? I’m not sure if that will have any effect, but I believe autonomy was off when I experienced my own version of this bug. I’ll try to test it later when I get back to my computer. 

Message 5 of 204 (36,971 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims washing hands in different bathroom

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happening over here! It seems to be that it happens 100% with my child sims and about 99% of the time with adult sims - only since the update: woo for bugs!

Message 6 of 204 (36,953 Views)

Re: Sims uses far away trash can (Park) instead of close one (house)

Hero
@MossyMeow I moved your post over to the thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 204 (36,932 Views)

★ Guide

I notice this happens sometimes with toilets as well -- a Sim will need to use the bathroom, and (if you auto-solve the bladder need or if they solve their own need autonomously), they often won't autonomously route to the nearest toilet. Oftentimes they'll trudge up/down multiple staircases to a totally different floor to use a different toilet, even though the nearest one is available. (And because they're Sims, sometimes they'll pee themselves on the way, all because they decided to take the scenic route. 🤦)

It happens the most if there's one of the talking toilets on the lot -- they seem to prefer that one. So I wondered if it has something to do with the quality of the toilet? Like, do they route to the most expensive/highest quality toilet or sink or whatever?

I haven't noted every instance to determine whether that's the pattern, but more often than not it seems that when they go out of their way to use a sink/toilet when there's a different one closer, it seems that what they're doing is opting for the "better" sink/toilet.

Has anyone else noticed that pattern?

Message 8 of 204 (36,903 Views)

★ Guide

Oh, and sometimes they'll do this with washing dishes, too. Even if the kitchen sink is closest, they'll take their dirty dishes to a bathroom sink that's further away. They'll even walk in on another Sim using the toilet just to use the sink.

Message 9 of 204 (36,891 Views)

Hero
@bubonickitten The dishes have their own dedicated thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Use-Far-Away-Sink-for-Dishes-instead-of-Close-Patch-...

that is an older issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 204 (36,880 Views)