Re: [OPEN] Sims visible to player teleport up and down stairs/abort interactions

by hatti_mh

Original Post

Re: Sims won't complete action if not visible to player/ Teleport up and down st

Hero
@goofylittlerhino Are you playing on laptop or desktop ? How big is your screen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 192 (628 Views)

Re: Sims won't complete action if not visible to player/ Teleport up and down st

I just came across this by accident, LOL. I was searching for something else and my own thread came up in the search results!

I am on a laptop with 17-inch screen.

Is it worth attempting any other repairs? I updated my antivirus (for possible graphics card updates, via windows) and I was wondering if attempting a second game repair would be worth it.

Or I can patiently wait for whatever fix I can only assume they're hard at work on.

(As an aside, what's confusing me hopelessly is that this isn't universal. How many people have replied here? Less than a dozen? In a world that made sense, at least in my head, this would either be getting hundreds of replies, or else maybe there's a deficit with MY system and there's something I can do about it here, on my end. I have no idea.)

Message 42 of 192 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@goofylittlerhino No, I don't think so, there's enough folks with this issue.

I'm was just thinking that maybe I'm not far enough off-screen when trying this and the bigger the screen, the less you see this ? But it's just a while guess

I don't think I can contribute much further on this topic. Needs to get fixed :D

There's 31 me toos now and rising. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 192 (755 Views)

I don't mean to take up your time with it, and I'm sorry for that, but I am thankful for all the effort and kindness you've put forth.

In the meantime, you showed me a link about how the forum runs and one thing I drew from it was, "Stop being so gabby in the thread!" LOL, so I have been trying to respond less, and reply more concisely.

Message 44 of 192 (747 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue too. I'm playing on a new save repaired, no mods or anything. Only affects stairs for me right now. Makes the scientist career that I'm playing with unplayable.

Message 45 of 192 (739 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims visible to player teleport up and down stairs/abort interactions

★★★★ Novice

Just thought I would add that I have this issue as well. Only recently started playing Sims 4. I don't have any mods. Only cheats I've used are motherlode and used bb.showhiddenobjects on one community lot. Sims definitely don't go down a staircase unless I go up and look at them.

Message 46 of 192 (729 Views)

Hero
@goofylittlerhino No, don't worry. I just have a busy weekend coming up and don't feel like I can contribute more. All info you have is good for QA to repro the issue.

Didn't mean it in any way that you've taken up my time. It's an interesting issue for sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 192 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm also experiencing this. When the parent brings the toddler downstairs to put in the highchair, they glitch and do the highchair interaction on the stairs and the toddler magically appears in their high chair on the other side of the house. I had the father sim stand on the stairs and pee (several times) because he glitches going to the downstairs bathroom.

Message 48 of 192 (713 Views)

Re: Sims won't complete action if not visible to player

★ Apprentice

I 100% agree these issues since the last update, especially the stairs issue makes it too frustrating to play. I’m hoping they fix this really soon!

Message 49 of 192 (706 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had the same problem. Sims either canceling the action when I'm not looking at them/switch to another sim, or taking a ridiculously long time to get where they need to go. Sometimes I ask them to do an action, look away for 30 or so sim minutes and then when I look back they are only just starting to move towards completing the assigned action. 

Message 50 of 192 (674 Views)