Re: Sims won't complete action if not visible to player/ Teleport up and down st

by goofylittlerhino

Original Post

Re: Sims won't complete action if not visible to player

Hero
@goofylittlerhino yes. that's the right place

Yeah, def have not seen this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 192 (1,475 Views)

Hero

I think this is probably just an manifestation of the old teleport/jumpy animation issue gotten worse.

I will leave this separate for now until I get more intel.

For now please use the following threads

- General Jumpy animations and teleporting: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Jumpy-Animation-Bug-After-Newest-Patch/td-p/6876628
- Teleporting up and down the stairs: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-won-t-complete-action-if-not-visible-to-player-Teleport-u...
- Vampires appearing backwards/disappear all the time: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampires-are-constantly-disappearing-and/td-p/97...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 192 (1,418 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me after the update and it's really annoying. I've never seen this bug before! I have all packs etc, on PC as well. Seems to be especially happening when directed to do something up or down stairs. 

Message 23 of 192 (1,487 Views)

Re: Sims won't complete action if not visible to player/ Teleport up and down st

★★ Apprentice

I am absolutley gutted right now. My Sims are pausing in their tasks if I'm not following them too, and if you have more than one Sim, only one can do something at a time, which to my mind, makes the game unplayable. Household sims can't all be in line of vision all the time. I was hoping that this wasn't a bug and there was something wrong with mine which would be an easy fix, but clearly not. I'm not seeing any teleporting.

I was so excited about Cottage Living, and there isn't alot to look forward to right now, so as stupid as it may seem, I am so upset. I don't know what to do.

Message 24 of 192 (1,473 Views)

All this time, I've been so hesitant to express myself. During the time that I've played, I've worked around every glitch and bug and weird event and I know how to deal with all of them; I even incorporate some into my game-playing (LOL!!!). Yesterday, for the first time, I wasn't having a good time playing.

I'm so glad to see people describing it better than I did, I think. The sims just stop what they're doing, yeah, if you're not literally watching them, and pause exactly where the last action you saw ended. Then, when you look at them, they go on to the next action.

I really don't want to be critical of the developers or coders or whoever, I know they work hard and they've made such a fun game, but this is so not fun. I played markedly less yesterday because of it, and have structured my day today to avoid the game more. But I can't believe someone wouldn't take this seriously and work right away to issue a fix; so I assume, so I hope.

Message 25 of 192 (1,464 Views)

Hero
@goofylittlerhino I'm a bit intrigued .. I turned off my early access of Cottage Living (thanks EA) to test another bug and immediately saw the issue in the household that worked fine with the pack installed.

I wonder if it's a lot better with the pack (that of course doesn't mean that you have to buy the pack to fix this but it would explain things.

I didn't think the pack would make a difference and I don't want to give hope to anyone as it could be just a coincidence cause I think I did see a NPC do it yesterday (with the pack) but it might not be as bad.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 192 (1,454 Views)

To be honest, when I read this, it's very interesting and I also think: So surely they'll consider it something to fix, then, right? I wouldn't assume that paying good money to play a game without glitches would be predicated on needing to own a certain pack.

Of course, I don't know how things work: Do they see these threads? Do the threads give them clues as to what's happening? Are they then aware of this and are they good about getting on it? As the player above said, this glitch is awful.

(When I ask these question, I'm just thinking out loud.)

crinrict, you've been so helpful and thank you. I'm actually going online periodically and looking for any news from any source, best of all EA or someone directly involved, that they're aware of this avalanche of glitches since the new update. I've noticed some of the others, like chefs refusing to set foot in restaurants or cook.

Message 27 of 192 (1,437 Views)

Hero
@goofylittlerhino of course, it's a bug and it's a bad one and they need to fix it. I also don't it's fully fixed with the pack, just not as bad ?

Here's some info on the bug forum's workings: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991958/bugs-and-the-sims-101-everything-you-need-to-know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 192 (1,430 Views)

This link was helpful! I learned a bunch!

Message 29 of 192 (1,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@goofylittlerhino I have to add that it might also depend on the type of stairs (I did test the Spencer-Lewis household and it was fine) but maybe there's lots of factors depending on where the camera is and how open the whole area is.

Most testing I did was the starter home in Brindleton Bay and the pub in the new pack (that has a very open L-Shaped stair.

I actually makes me wonder if it has something to do with the stair bug they fixed in the patch before that. Maybe they did more tuning on that and broke it in this way now ?

Could you test any L-Stairs ? Do you see it there as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 192 (1,404 Views)