Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims using far away sink instead of close one

by secretlondon123

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims using far away sink instead of close one/Dishwasher

★★ Guide
@crinrictRoroGogo91 Almost EVERY time for me... makes me bonkers, especially in the bigger houses. YOU ARE NEXT TO A DISHWASHER. AND A KITCHEN SINK. I mean, if you really want dishwasher hands, go for it, but do it right there instead of going to the sink in the bathroom upstairs and down the hall.
Message 31 of 75 (1,943 Views)

★★ Guide

This is happening to me as well and it’s infuriating. They also pause for some time, laugh a bit and then end up not washing. They just collect all of the dishes, then leave it on the floor somewhere. Causing the uncomfortable dirty surroundings moodlet. 

Message 32 of 75 (1,925 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update: i am still having this problem, the first household it was occurring with, I rebuilt the house, then upon exiting build mode, I was not able to enter the house. The house appeared as if it was the next door neighbor’s house when I’m not on the lot. I moved them out and completely redid the lot in a different lot style. In the new house, it did not continue the whole “sim using bathroom sink to wash dishes” thing. BUT! Now it is happening in another save with a different family.

Message 33 of 75 (1,898 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was having this issue on ps4. I thought that the sink located in the bathroom being fully upgraded while the kitchen sink was base might be causing them to "prefer" the upgraded bathroom sink or something like that, so I fully upgraded the kitchen sink and they stopped using the bathroom sink immediately after. Could've been something else that sorted it out, but I thought I'd share in hopes it helps.

Message 34 of 75 (1,884 Views)

★★★ Novice

This seems to have gotten worse since the last patch. Now my Sims will NEVER use the kitchen sink or dishwasher. This has happened in multiple save games, with and without mods, different lots, different worlds, different sinks. it seems universal. If I block the bathrooms or remove the bathroom sinks, the dishwasher says there are no dirty dishes, and the only option the sim has for the dish is to throw it away.

I've repaired my game, and tested it with and without the few mods I use, also deleted my game cache.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house, have one kitchen and have at least one bathroom, or else remove the the bathroom sink, then cook a meal or get a glass of water; once finished, the sim will do nothing with the dirty dish, and will only have the option to throw it away. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim washes the dishes in the bathroom sink, or else does nothing if there is no bathroom sink..
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to use the kitchen sink.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Used a few mods, to stop house fires and improve lighting and distance view--issue happens with and without mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Seems to have gotten worse after the latest patch.

Message 35 of 75 (1,842 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I have this - but i've managed to design it out by reworking the build. Something makes the bathroom more attractive than the kitchen. It seems to depend on each build. I had one where they wouldn't use the kitchen sink or dishwasher - I removed the ceiling mounted pot rack and now they do. 

Message 36 of 75 (1,840 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've always had this problem, of sims using bathrooms instead of kitchen sinks. They don't even go to the closest bathroom sink, always the furthest.  I almost suspect I'm being trolled. 

As of the latest update, my sims no longer clean dishes at all.  They gather up dirty dishes and then place them down.  At least they no longer take a 2 hour walk to the furthest bathroom, to wash them? 😕  Hardly a fix.

Message 37 of 75 (1,810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this very annoying problem too. They have a dishwasher and a sink in the kitchen but noooo they gotta go all the way to the bathroom......

BTW :  I just sent a save to SimguruNick for another bug where this bug occurs as well, you might want to use it if it can help Standard smile

Message 38 of 75 (1,780 Views)

★★★ Guide
@gimmiegamesnow Having the same issue. Workaround is to hire a maid, they'll clean the dishes if you don't want to drag and drop to dishwasher/trash/sink.
Though when this gets really annoying is if you're trying to build up manners for children/teens...
Message 39 of 75 (1,758 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims using far away sink instead of close one/Dishwasher

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I have encountered this from time to time, when it happens I have tried removing items over the sink, or around it. Made sure there is not another sim who tries to use the sink or I suspect it could also be because I have another sink that is close on another floor.

Message 40 of 75 (1,750 Views)