[OPEN] Sims stop/are stopped from reading

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Sims won't put books back in bookcases and interrupt reading book queues

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Queue reading books from a bookcase, I did it with Books of Life.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will put down the book after finishing it or before finishing it, grab the next book in the queue and immediately put it down on the ground, then grab the next book in the queue and start reading that one (sometimes).
What do you expect to see? The sim reads and finishes a book, puts it back in the bookcase, grabs the next queued book and reads and finishes that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to version 1.49.65.1020.

Before the last update, sims would at least put books back in bookcases when standing next to them, now they won't even do that. The interrupting of reading queues has been going on for even longer.

Message 21 of 42 (1,120 Views)

Re: Sims won't put books back in bookcases and interrupt reading book queues

Hero

Hi @PriestWiz 

I merged your post with exitsing thread although yours sounds very extreme.

Did you clean caches after removing your mods as well as repairing the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 42 (1,113 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I just did and the issue persists.
Message 23 of 42 (1,093 Views)

Hero
Could you maybe add a video of what you're seeing ?

As it's an open issue, there's probably not much more troubleshooting you can do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 42 (1,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

As the video shows, I have a sim queue up three different Books of Life to read. He reads and finishes the first one, puts it down on the ground, grabs the next one and immediately puts it down, then takes and reads the third book. He ended up finishing it and putting it down on the ground like the first book.

EDIT: Edited to add a working video.

Message 25 of 42 (1,081 Views)

Hero
Thanks. This is your home lot, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 42 (1,071 Views)

★★ Apprentice
It is, yes.
Message 27 of 42 (1,067 Views)

I have this issue for the first time since the June patch. While it would happen occasionally before that, now my sims never finish a book, except when they want to read one of the Encyclopedia Vampiricas. Those work. Novels and skill books do not. Toddler books seem to but haven't been used much. All on my home lot as well.

Message 28 of 42 (1,013 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims will autonomously stop reading books before they're finished

★★ Apprentice

This is still an issue. I have had this since the game first came out and it's 2019 now. I have the latest patch and no CC.

Message 29 of 42 (937 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims will autonomously stop reading books before they're finished

Hero
@chrolka Moved your post over to a more current thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 42 (926 Views)