Re: [OPEN] Sims stop reading books to watch TV

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FIXED] Sims will autonomously stop reading books before they're finished

★★★ Newbie

My Sims will read the book, but it won't count toward Books read read for the Knowledge Aspirations, I can reread the book but it still counts as 0 Books read. So I cannot progress beyond the first tier of any Knowledge Aspiration that require the completion of Finish Reading Three Books.

Message 31 of 42 (811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So essentially I am being denied the ability to achieve these Aspirations , therefore I am not getting the game experience that I paid for. This is clearly an ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved. Fobbing off your troubleshooting to Community members seems like a very poor way of addressing troubleshooting issues and seems like a way to avoid the responsibility of releasing an actual working game . Lift your game EA, I long for the days of Maxxis when this game worked as promised. (Sorry to the the innocent Community Helper who reads this, it is not your job to fix their bugs,)

Message 32 of 42 (806 Views)

Hero
@Knudge Is your Sim a spellcaster ? If not, does your sim have the debate skill > 2 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 42 (805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have not been able to finish a book in a Knowledge Aspiration since installing Magic Realms.

Message 34 of 42 (801 Views)

Hero
@Knudge There's currently two issues and I just want to move yours to the right one.

So your Sim is a spellcaster ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 42 (788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My sim will not continue reading a book until finished. I have tried with multiple sims, and it's always the same. They will read when directed for about 10 sim minutes, then put the book back and get another one, on repeat, since the new update November 2020. I have a lot of mods, will remove them and test, but haven't noticed any other conflicts. Might need to update something. We'll see.

Mine is definitely a mod issue. Yay. lolol

Message 36 of 42 (667 Views)

★ Apprentice

I do have almost the same problem, though I identified, that they get the 'put a book back to a bookcase' action and THEN stop reading with me. I deactivated the autonomous action to clean up the books via the MCCC-Mod and now she's reading without problems.

It was only the clean up book-action that actually kept her from reading on...

Message 37 of 42 (604 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims stop/are stopped from reading

★★★ Guide

I am also having issues with sims reading books, which makes it hard to read 3 books as an aspiration task.

Message 38 of 42 (569 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims stop/are stopped from reading

★★ Novice

My sim will randomly, on their own accord, stop reading the books I tasked them with. I have no TVs in the house, and the problem persists. On top of that, after the latest update, when my sim stops reading the book, the book disappears. It is not in the bookshelf, the sim's inventory, nor laying on any surface in the house. I have had this issue (my sims not reading the books no matter how much I task them with reading) for what feels like forever (around a year, more likely). Each patch I hope to see it addressed, but it continues. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Message 39 of 42 (528 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is happening in my save also.  The sim is not a spellcaster, it is in fact Gunther Munch (who has joined my sim family) and it is when I direct him to read a book.  

Message 40 of 42 (485 Views)