Re: [OPEN] Sims stop reading books to watch TV

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. I'm tired of babysitting my sims to make sure they read books. Anyone know how to fix this yet? 

Message 10 of 42 (1,228 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem, I don't know if it was there before the Vampires pack but that's when I first noticed it. Not really a solution, but I usually have my Sims sit down in their bedroom (where there aren't many distractions) and they'll read for a few hours there. 

Message 11 of 42 (825 Views)

★★ Expert

i'm still seeing this. and when they stop (or are stopped from) reading, they will more often leave the book on the floor than keep it in their inventory or returning it to the bookshelf. it's not only the tv, and happens with books from the skills and emotional categories, too.

Message 12 of 42 (762 Views)

Hero

@unseenlarks

could you make a new thread for this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 42 (750 Views)

Message 15 of 42 (739 Views)

Hero

So for you it's not just to watch TV as described here but generally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 42 (732 Views)

★★ Expert

i initially thought that TVs were to blame. removing them does tone down the interruptions, but they're still noticeable and other things can (and often will) cause them.

also, since two other posts here weren't as specific (they mention wanting to avoid "distractions" and that Sims stop to do "something else") it didn't think it fair to make it all about TVs.

Message 17 of 42 (722 Views)

Hero

OK.

Added this and merged with the other. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 42 (703 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this ?

@unseenlarks @SnowieSimmer @Mlissa81 @kinot9229 @xCryostasex

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 42 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

they still stop from time to time, especially with books they are re-reading. it doesn't even have to be the TV, it can be another Sim that's interrupting, or that they want to go hug a different Sim who's walking by, or whatever.

and the book will always be left on the floor. but at least they *do* finish books more often now.

Message 20 of 42 (588 Views)