Walking through walls

by nucgeekke

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten worse

★ Guide

I'm seeing this issue a lot more since yesterdays patch (Discover university patch).  My sims keep walking through the table and island counters to get to the fridge. They also keep walking through the wall instead of using the door. It seems they try to take the shortest route possible, even if that means walking through objects. 

Message 21 of 24 (1,396 Views)

Walking through walls

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in Live Mode for a little while, seems to happen on all of my lots, in all of the worlds.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims will cut through walls/room in a direct line to where they are going rather than walking to the door. For example, in the original Goth home, when walking from the front door to the kitchen, they are (more often than not) taking a shortcut through the bathroom, through the wall and fridge/counter tops.
What do you expect to see? Walking to the door, not through solid objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 22 of 24 (1,387 Views)

Re: Walking through walls

Hero
@nucgeekke Merged your post with the walking through solid objects thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 24 (1,357 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten worse

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue in which some Sims could stand on, or walk through solid objects.
○ Specifically Baby Bassinets… babies were becoming quite paranoid they weren’t actually Sims…

Some stuff fixed in Patch 1.59.73 .. archiving this thread.

Please create a new thread if there'still clipping for specific objects.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 24 (7,341 Views)