Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten w

by SweetEmotion247

Original Post

Re: Sims Walk Through Babies Bassinet

Hero

Hi @SproutLee

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 24 (2,002 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am seeing everyone saying they are having this problem of walk thrus, but where is the answer to fix this problem?  

Message 12 of 24 (1,950 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have mods in, but I am definitely also noticing this happening just about constantly

Message 13 of 24 (1,917 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten w

★★★★★ Novice

When parents say their kids are up their * all day long.

Message 14 of 24 (1,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Noticed this happening with one chair in my apartment lot, sim keeps walking through it and getting stuck in the corner of the room so I have to go into build mode to get them out

Message 15 of 24 (1,852 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims stand in or walk through solid objects/ Clipping gotten worse

★★★ Apprentice

I’m also getting this issue occasionally. Sims in my game also seem to walk or clip through each other. Last time I played, one of my vampires turned into a bat and reappeared in human form inside one of my other sims at their house. I don’t have any pictures, but I can see how this is an issue. I’m glad it’s not just me.

Message 16 of 24 (1,798 Views)

★★ Guide

Just last week, a sim stood inside his kitchen counter while preparing a meal.  I've played that house for years, and this is the first time that happened in that location.  There was plenty of room as far as I could see, & there wasn't any crowding.

I'd rather have them stand inside objects than get stuck, though.  Wink

Message 17 of 24 (1,773 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I notice this on occasion with Sims - standing juxtaposed with tables, bars, beds, and so on.

Not sure if this is related but my cat likes to walk through walls. There is interior spot in the house (1x3 tiles) that has no doors leading to it - every so often she gets stuck in there and can't get out! I have to go into build/buy mode, knock down a wall, wait for her to leave, and then go back in to build/buy and put the wall back.

Message 18 of 24 (1,741 Views)

Sims walk through stairs upon turning around at bottom

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Back Yard, Kid's Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim walk down an open staircase with railing, and route to somewhere behind them so they do a u-turn at the bottom. *I say 'with railing' because it's a lot more noticeable when there is a railing there.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will turn too sharply and walk straight through the stairs. *It's much more noticeable when a child Sim does it.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim to take a wider turn and clear the stairs completely, not touching them at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm gonna hazard a guess and say it was the Realm of Magic pre-patch with the configurable stairs, September 2019.

My most played household live in an apartment where the kitchen is behind an open staircase, so I notice this constantly, every time they come down the stairs, it's so annoying.
*Of course I tested without mods, no difference.

And to prove it never used to be this way, I have a video recorded in June 2019 where a guy is coming down that same staircase and does not go through them at the bottom. The kids in the way may make it hard to see, but he definitely goes way around.

Message 19 of 24 (1,677 Views)

Re: Sims walk through stairs upon turning around at bottom

Hero
@Skaazilla Thanks for the videos.

Merged this with the clipping threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 24 (1,655 Views)